Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By my estimate, about 75% of all rice burners with the big fins and loud mufflers within 100 yards of my car while I'm driving down the road will do just about anything to get past me. Cut people off, accelerate for 30 feet and then brake hard, change lanes like they're hitting a downhill slalom, etc.

Once there, they seem to regain their sense of rational driving, but getting there; jeesh! I just watch them in wonderment and hope that they don't run into me.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I hear that but the dude that caused the nearest collision with me was a Charger owner. He was cruising beside me and suddenly decided he needed to see my hood and fascia so he sped up cut me off and slammed his breaks as he looked into his mirror. He nearly hit the car in front of him that was stopping for a red light. :slap: I did have a dude who was on the passenger side of a late 90s camaro hang half his body out the window so he could get up and personal...AT 45MPH!!!! :knockout: He could have practically stolen the SRT logo on my grill he was so close to it. At least he was a fan I guess as he gave me a big thumbs up and was clearly telling his friend how bada$$ the Charger was. :no:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yea I get that as well, the Torred color attracts morons alike from all over town. I will say that most rice burners know not to instigate the 5.7 (or 6.1 in your case). Most just look then drive away quietly.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Lol I had to drive 70miles each way to pick my fiancé up yesterday and had a few of these. The best however was a early 90's civic all primer black tgat was trying so hard to pass me for like 10 miles. I was just using cruse controll at 75 too, once he passed me I swear to god a 1ft piece of trim flew off his car and I started laughing hella hard.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Do a search...had a topic with almost this exact title. I guess us Torred SRT8 owners attract extra idiots.

I've owned Firebird 400, BMW M3s, Porsches, etc. And the only car that attracted nearly as many idiots was possibly my '69 Roadrunner. Most of those people weren't haters though. I deal with a ton of haters with the SRT8. Jealous people....

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do a search...had a topic with almost this exact title. I guess us Torred SRT8 owners attract extra idiots.
It may not be obvious from my pathetic effort at photography but mine is Inferno Red.

Perhaps I need a sign in the back window NOT TORRO RED.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
It may not be obvious from my pathetic effort at photography but mine is Inferno Red.

Perhaps I need a sign in the back window NOT TORRO RED.
Wow you're right. It doesn't look inferno at all.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
lol people try to race me but I tell them the only race I'll win as one in park, or from here to the moon.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
You guys may be right about the torred color as I run into the same thing all the time here as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
LOL, a guy in a 03 pontiac Firebird was in front of me in Pep Boys parking lot. He was going about 5mph then saw me behind him, tapped the gas a couple of times to make his pipes roar I guess and then took off and almost hit two old ladies coming out of Kmart. Funny thing is he had stock wheels and didnt even spin out. I spin out on my 24's. Maybe he needs a check up or sumn!!!
I dunno!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I get this behavior around me all of the time too while driving. I find it very frustrating... but then sometimes have to show them how wrong they really are to think that they even had a chance. :D

I always thought it was the bright yellow that attracted them. I guess they must just do this with all chargers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, same thing here. The very first day I got her I had an idiot in a 300SRT in front of me speed up and slam on the brakes hard several times! I just shook my head and turned off.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I had an idiot cut off 3 people just to work his way next to me in bumper to bumper traffic on my way home this last Friday. I look over at a newer 350Z with a wing so big it looks like he's driving the Star ship Enterprize.... then he keeps jumping on it next to me the 6 or 7 feet we can move at a time.... I finally asked him what he wanted me to do? race him 20 feet? he revved his huge fart cans and changed lanes again almost hitting another car....he showed me i guess....:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's not just the charger...I have had the same think happen to me in my STOCK 2.5S Altima. We don't get the Charger out much but haven't had that happen yet. We just get a lot of looks.

·
Registered
804 Posts
i was on the freeway and some guy in a toyota matrix speeds up really fast behind me when all lanes are empty and i guess he felt like he needed to pull a lil ricer fly-by or sumthing...i like how our cars make people do stupid things

·
Registered
705 Posts
I call them haters, i got alot of guys in imports(nissan's, infiniti's,Acura's etc) will risk their life just to get in front of me, and don't let their girl or homeboy be in the car with them. Boy oh Boy, their main purpose in life is too get in front of you no matter what. I use to take them up on their hatefulness and speed up so they would'nt have any space to get in front of me, but now i just shake my head and wave at the haters as they lead themself into a future of engine and tranny problems

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yes, same thing here. The very first day I got her I had an idiot in a 300SRT in front of me speed up and slam on the brakes hard several times! I just shook my head and turned off.
that guy put the srt8 300 name to shame

·
Registered
804 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts