Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 48 degrees outside this afternoon and so I hit 3 runs.
run 1-- just pushed the pedal down (eased off the line a little) with esp on......5.9?.
run 2--esp off raised the rpm's a little but the tires just smoked through first....6.1?
run 3--esp off, raised the rpms a bit then tried to ease off the line then finish dropping the pedal...5.7?sec.

My best was last winter 5.34sec. it was 25 degrees out.
I really got depressed when the summer came because even though i changed to Royal Purple oil and a drop in filter I was stuck in the 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 range.
It is amazing what the cold does to this car.
So i'm, thinking another 20 degrees andMaybe a 5.1?

The problem now is traction as my tires are not as new as they once were. Maybe I'll rotate them and lower the rear air pressure. If I can get off the line with traction I think I can hit it maybe even more.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
It was 30 degrees when I got off work tonight, that is the coldest it has been since I've had my car modded, and OMG. My car was so fast.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I just put in 17 gallons of 93 octane last night and this morning it's about 36 degrees outside ... can't wait to try a run or two ...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
ya my awd is a rocket off the line when its cold!
too bad i dont have evic

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yeah I dont know what it is, but lately my car has been ready to rock at all times. I just installed a 183 t-stat yesterday so I finally got the car running right with the fans off, and now I really feel the predator tune and the difference its making. Even with the wide tires I have in back, my car fights and struggles to gain traction off the line. If i turn ESP off and brake torque it a bit off the line, I can turn it sideways no problem. When I race off the line now, I feel like I need to leave ESP on just to make sure I get SOME traction off the line to stay going straight. But yes, this cold weather must be making a big difference... and I love it! Cant wait to get the stock wheels back on to get an accurate 0-60 time!

-Pat

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Got a 5.58 followed by a 5.42 this morning, giving me the quickest time I've gotten yet. :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Last night in that 30 degree weather, felt like I gained 20 hp. :grin:

·
Registered
416 Posts
For these cars a drop in temperature from 70* to 32* is like a 25 shot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.