Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I was going to take my car into the shop tomorrow for infamous steering issues and tie rods, or at least i thought!:slap:

I got a little curious about it on my way home today so when I got home I popped the hood to find out that the rattling noise that I thought was the tie rods, was actually my CAI rubbing against the wheel well (i think)! I will post pics up in a few minutes as soon as I go out and take some. Im turning this over to you guys because I need to find a way to keep the CAI in place so it doesnt rattle anymore!

right down under it on the red is where it rubs! Also, im sure its been answered before but could someone tell me what to clean the filter with and where to get the cleaner?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a bolt or screw wouldnt work....wait til u see the pics

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you have to lower the clamp on the throttle body and the bolt on the fascia. push the whole unit to the passenger side as much as you can and retighten as you do so. Then take the lower end under the filter and bend/tweak it toward the motor.
everyones afe's do this and i'm assuming thats probably what you have. K and n's do it too

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the K&N Typhoon, im waiting on the pics to upload!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
No reason too upload them. you know how many people have intakes that rub on the wheel well? probably 90% of the forum has had it. its common, we all know what your talking about

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
:grin:i was just saying . . .
Fix it and forget the pics :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics added...sorry crappy phone pic

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
No reason too upload them. you know how many people have intakes that rub on the wheel well? probably 90% of the forum has had it. its common, we all know what your talking about
Yah but I'm in the 10% of losers who hasn't put a CAI on yet..... This actually is teaching me sumthin'.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yah but I'm in the 10% of losers who hasn't put a CAI on yet..... This actually is teaching me sumthin'.
get one, but make sure it doesnt rattle, it will make you go insane and think there is major issues with your car! :banana:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Mine doesn't rattle.:alfdance: Not that that matters but I guess I'm the super cool 10%:banana:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Does the Frankentake have this issue?
Mine doesn't. Not sure exactly what it is that's rattling but they give a semicircular bracket so that the intake is resting on something; not sure if all intakes have that or not. But yeah bottom line my Frankintake has been nothing but golden! Crazy suction sound when you hit it!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
its the stupid metal brackets that some of them have that rubs on the wheel well and rubs off the paint. i've done a bunch on our cars and mustangs that come in for clunking noises and they are all the same.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
To answer your question about cleaning the filter, most parts stores such as Advanced Auto Parts or Auto Zone sell a complete K&N kit that will work for most brands of filters.
Very easy to use.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts