Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Charger is an ex rental and did not come with a keyless entry PocketRipper™ key. I just have a generic key with the grey rubber, almost like it's a Neon key or something. My question is, does anyone know if I can just go to the dealer and pick up a key and have it cut and programmed for my car or is there something I would have to replace before that's possible (in other words, something that is left off of or removed from rentals)? Does anyone know a price for this?

The alternative, I guess, is to replace the ignition switch and have the key programmed for my car. See this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...020QQitemZ300148447634QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The real question, I suppose, is which would be cheaper?

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
You don't need a new ignition, just new remote fobs. Since you don't have 2 that works now, it takes Star Scan to program. Best bet probably from dealer since they have to program anyway. They can also cut the keys...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I was quoted a price of about $225.00 or so from the dealer to have a new key made (and programmed).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.