Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have an 06 Charger RT and recently the actuator pin broke in the ignition. it was replaced as well as a new ignition switch. Now the problem is the car starts and shuts off after 2 seconds which leads me to believe that the sentry immobilizer is shutting the car off. I took it to the dealer, after nearly $400 later they said the culprit was a Jet performance chip (i didnt know it had, only had the car 6 months). They removed the chip, car runs. As soon as I left the dealer and got home the car starts the 2 second stall again and again until i got fed up and had it towed back to the dealer…..what should they be looking for and IS IT TRUE that a new ignition switch has to be programmed???? This stalling has been happening every since the actuator and ignition switch was changed. PLEASE HELP

Very Grateful

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so much for help…thx….now i gotta find me a forum where there is atleast one helpful response

·
Registered
147 Posts
You may want to post your issue in the right section. You posted an issue with your '06 in the '11 and up section. The '11's and up have a different ignition switch (keyless) which is probably why you didn't get a response.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
The service manual doesn't indicate that any programming is necessary when replacing either the ignition switch or the ignition key/lock. I don't believe that the problem is related to the Jet chip, either. Have you tried using your other key to see if the problem happens with both keys or just one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you may want to post your issue in the right section. You posted an issue with your '06 in the '11 and up section. The '11's and up have a different ignition switch (keyless) which is probably why you didn't get a response.
thanks rexus i didnt notice that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The service manual doesn't indicate that any programming is necessary when replacing either the ignition switch or the ignition key/lock. I don't believe that the problem is related to the Jet chip, either. Have you tried using your other key to see if the problem happens with both keys or just one?
I tired both keys same issue. it didnt come about until the ignition switch was changed. now its sitting at the dealer and I havent heard from them which leads me to believe that they are having a hard time locating the problem.

at one point I recieved a P0513 code (related to SKIM) and the red light was flashing. I have no idea what is causing this except from gathering research on it by reading other owners problems

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Could be that the new ignition switch wasn't securely connected to the SKREEM module. If the connector is loose it could cause intermittent operation. You'd think that would be on the short list of things the dealer checks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be that the new ignition switch wasn't securely connected to the SKREEM module. If the connector is loose it could cause intermittent operation. You'd think that would be on the short list of things the dealer checks.
my thoughts exactly. car been there since Sat (2nd time) and they still havent called. ofcourse its the holidays now so ill have to wait. I really dont think their tech knows what he's looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts