Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going back and forth for over 3 months about getting the mid muffler delete and finally pulled the trigger and it is perfect for someone looking for the nice low growl that a V8 should have.. it’s not crazy loud but just enough. If you’re like me and have watched every YouTube video on the subject then I suggest it highly. I’ve had my car for over a year now and feel like it’s brand new and can’t wait to drive it every day.

·
Registered
722 Posts

Mid Mufflers removed, Non MDS Challenger Cam, hellcat lifters, Hemifever 91 octane Tune.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,745 Posts
I've been debating this too, any chance you have a video?
My 2016 R/T with only mid mufflers removed videos below. Sounded decent, better than stock, but still didn’t sound as good as the 2017’s with the upgraded 2.75” active exhaust. 2015-2016’s have 2.25” and it’s frankly a bit weak by comparison to my stock 2018 R/T. I suggest doing a full exhaust and upgrading the diameter to 2.75” and source the rear resonators from a 2017 model to cut out as much drone as possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I scored a full Scat exhaust, including the 6.4 manifolds and cat pipes (those are not installed yet) for my 2016 R/T
Nice upgrade to the 2.75 exhaust, plus the Pursuit valance and the Scat tips. Added sound without getting LOUD, though some do want more. Plus without any existing active exhaust on a 16 the system is louder than a 17 up 5.7. My pipes had the valves cut off already, otherwise would have just locked the valves open with a MFER or fabricate a plate.

IMG_0868.jpg

Startup

Drive off even though the camera did not stay put

Reactions: JCE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts