Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Charger R/T
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is already posted.

I finally have my Charger and I am finally getting to upgrade some stuff.

However I cannot for the life of me figure out what headlights to buy or identify what headlight type I have on my car.

I have a 2014 Charger R/T

I've tried google but can't find anything definitive.

I'm a total newbie with no mechanical experience.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Well if you have projectors(looks like a glass bowl) you have HIDs which are D3S. If not you have halogens which I believe are either 9005 or 9006.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Well, not necessarily. I have the base Halogens, with the projector lens. I can get HID's, or LED's for my lenses. I think that we just have "projector" lenses, as opposed to "reflector" which other cars have. There are a bunch of small mirrors in that one, and no glass bowl.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I sub'd mine out and it came back as antique stagecoach lantern.

Lighting is good for the driver but the projector lens causes you to catch a few arrows from other drivers.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Well, not necessarily. I have the base Halogens, with the projector lens. I can get HID's, or LED's for my lenses. I think that we just have "projector" lenses, as opposed to "reflector" which other cars have. There are a bunch of small mirrors in that one, and no glass bowl.

Well the 2011-2014 came with either halogen or HIDs(projectors) housings.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Twist the round plastic bulb cover off and check the bulb to see if its halogen or HID. The HID are square and sometimes have a ! mark on them. Putting the cover back on can be a lil finicky at times.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Light Auto part
Halogens.
H11 low beam
9005 High beam

Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Light Car

HIDs
D3S low beam
9005 high beam.

Reactions: ThickNickTx