Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Recently got into an accident. Had doors on one side replaced. They are rusting all over. I was told they were 2010 doors. I can see already that the rear safely lock system is a bit different on these. I can post pictures of the door if it helps. door stickers won't help as it was repainted. I'm looking for ways to tell it's pre 2010 and contact my insurance company and have the work redone! I am not happy. The doors on passenger side and perfectly clean no rust ?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hey guys. Recently got into an accident. Had doors on one side replaced. They are rusting all over. I was told they were 2010 doors. I can see already that the rear safely lock system is a bit different on these. I can post pictures of the door if it helps. door stickers won't help as it was repainted. I'm looking for ways to tell it's pre 2010 and contact my insurance company and have the work redone! I am not happy. The doors on passenger side and perfectly clean no rust ?
The doors across all years '06-'10 are the same. Some of the mechanisms may be different like latches, inside panels, etc but that's not related to your rust issue.

It seems to me that the rusting issue is all the reason you need to contact your insurance and have the work redone. The issue is the rust, not the year the door was made.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know. But at this point it's also a complaint with the body shop. I was told same year doors or newer. I have a 2010 this means they must be 2010 doors. If I can prove they are older. I have a nice complaint for them along with the rust.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yes I know. But at this point it's also a complaint with the body shop. I was told same year doors or newer. I have a 2010 this means they must be 2010 doors. If I can prove they are older. I have a nice complaint for them along with the rust.
Do you have what you were "told" in writing? If not, you aren't going to get anywhere.

Your issue is with rust, I suggest keeping it focused there and have it redone.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The case probably hinges on the documented Description of Service and Parts and the Warranty Statement.

I recently had my Charger front bumper repaired (another driver backed into my car in a parking lot and scuffed up the bumper). The collision center provided a Lifetime Limited Warranty on the repairs. Two items of interest are:

Parts -
The body shop uses OEM parts or materials that are first quality. All parts, components, or materials are subject to the guarantee of the supplier. We will assist you in handling any claim under the supplier's guarantee. We guarantee that used parts or other than OEM parts will not be used without authorization from you or your insurance company.

Exclusions -
The warranty excludes rust coming though the metal, scratches, and gravel marks or chips from driving conditions.

So in my case I would need to do one of the following if I had rust ...
Argue that the rust isn't due to driving conditions (only if true).
File a claim against the supplier's guarantee (if it applies).
Show that parts were used parts, or other than OEM parts, and were not authorized by me or my insurance company (or the parts were other than what was in the Description of Service and Parts).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts