Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

we have a road trip coming up and we’ll be heading east on I40. i was wondering which route would be the best to follow to bypass the cities of Memphis, Nashville & Knoxville. while the map inserts shows the roads and mileage, they don’t actually give you the current true traffic situations (mainly construction) for those roads. any help from fellow members here will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i saw this inquiry was viewed quite a bit, guess just not by anybody in those areas or in the know. i want to bump this up and i'm hoping we do have some folks in those areas that might see this thread and have some input. i did google it and found some info at an rv site on those cities, but that info is from august and possibly not up to date. tia again...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I used to travel that route a lot, but not in a while now. I can only recomment taking the bypass around each of these cities...marked well on the expressway going into the towns. You might be able to check AAA for road work conditions also. Or perhaps the states DOT site. Just suggestions that may help.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HIGH_HEMI said:
I used to travel that route a lot, but not in a while now. I can only recomment taking the bypass around each of these cities...marked well on the expressway going into the towns. You might be able to check AAA for road work conditions also. Or perhaps the states DOT site. Just suggestions that may help.
thanks high_hemi,
while the bypass usually would seem to be the prudent route, the talk here http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15988987/gotomsg/16065525.cfm
is to avoid the 440 around nashville at all costs. they recommend staying on I40, the only drawback being that at times you have to be in either the left or right lane to stay on I40. and all that info is a little over a month old. i was hoping for some accurate, up-to-date info, since even websites are not always up-to-date. let me try aaa or the dot site and see what they have, thank you again.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey guys i was on these routes, stay on i40 it is your best bet all the way around. we shot through all the way through memphis and nashville with very little problems.........i was just there a few days ago....so you should be alright man.....have a safe trip!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GoDaddy said:
hey guys i was on these routes, stay on i40 it is your best bet all the way around. we shot through all the way through memphis and nashville with very little problems.........i was just there a few days ago....so you should be alright man.....have a safe trip!
hi godaddy, thank you for the info. staying on i40 seems to be the consensus at this point in time. guess i'll keep my cb on and listen/talk to the truckers for any last minute changes. we made this trip last year and we ran into a bunch of UT fans heading to the game. traffic was crazy.... well, thank you again and i hope things are well back at your homestead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts