Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never purchased a rim bigger than 16" (Dont laugh at me you too had to buy your first wheel). I need some help bad. Can anyone refer me to a web site or store where I can buy a good quality rim at a reasonable price. Seeing other chargers and how good they look makes me want to do little something extra to my midnight blue SXT.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Also, if you don't find anything you like in a larger wheel, I have an extra set of the R/T wheels sitting in my shed that I'm on the fence about selling. I had planned on using them for summer tires, but I'm also considering aftermarket wheels. For me, I don't want larger than the 18s. I'm considering Boyd's Smoothies, but at $425/wheel its quite a bite, especially when you then have to spend another $200 per corner to skin them.
The websites that Co-Charger referenced are a great spot to start. Myself, I'm pretty amazed at how little is available for our cars as of now. I'm having a hard time finding any aftermarket wheels that are lighter than the stockers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info I really like the Discounted Wheel Warehouse, though. I've heard to stick with 18 inches from a lot of different people. I am definitely going to do that

·
Banned
113 Posts
I have the stock 18" on my R/T and all of the R/T owners are saying go to 20" and alot of people on here are saying go all the way to 22"

There has to be a reason the SRT8 has 20" :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
The overall perimeter of the SRT 20" wheels are about the same as the 18" R/T wheels. If you go with 22" wheels, you will have troubles up front and will need some modifications done. Tires.com has a nice calculator to see what fits x size rims and all the dimensions .. even gives you the effect on your speedometer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
one of the main concerns with the 22" wheels is the weight. that is a lot of rotating mass on each corner making it that much more work on the brakes and motor to get you around. but man do they look good. Personally, the 20's work great for me. good looks not too much weight and tires are fairly priced for them. good luck on making your selection, show it off here on the site when you get it done!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts