Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 Dodge Charger but I drive an SXT 3.6L but I want to put the 5.7L into my car what needs to be done in order for me to insure that it will run smoothly looking for help On what I need to do to make it work as I am looking to build a car myself pretty much to pass time and I believe it’s a good project for what my end goal is. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
2,751 Posts
While I applaud your enthusiasm it will cost way too much. You’d be better off trading / selling your SXT and buying an R/T. It just isn’t cost effective to do the swap because you’ll need a lot more than just the engine. If you’ve got money to burn buy a wrecked 2015-2016 R/T and swap basically the whole drive train and electronics on over.

I know it sucks to hear but it’s the truth. It would be way cheaper to supercharge your 3.6 and you’ll get about the same or a touch more HP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I have a 2015 Dodge Charger but I drive an SXT 3.6L but I want to put the 5.7L into my car what needs to be done in order for me to insure that it will run smoothly looking for help On what I need to do to make it work as I am looking to build a car myself pretty much to pass time and I believe it’s a good project for what my end goal is. Thanks in advance
905 here. Went to 226 for school. (And didn't get a mustang ;P).

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Thread #278 on this topic without it ever being done by anyone other than a performance shop.

To beat a dead horse, you'll spend way more money and have many more headaches trying to accomplish this than you would if you just went and bought a 5.7 car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts