Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
So here is the deal. I have a 2006 R/T with the Road and Track package. I have a K&N CAI and a Borla 5" Tipped T-304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back System Aggressive exhaust system. After 3 years, I want to purchase a performance chip, but I honestly have no idea where to begin. Which is the best chip for the '06 5.7L Hemi? I have money set aside to do this, so price isn't much of an issue.

Thanks for the help!
:driving:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Predator FTW :rockon:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Go with (like mentioned above) the Diablosport Predator tuner .... it plugs into the OBD plug at the bottom of the dash / driver side ..... it uploads a tune that way and works much better than the so-called "chips" like the Jet chip, which is pretty much nothing but wasted $$$.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
x4 on the Diablo Predator!! :rockon: :bigthumb:

see sig. below... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yep, predator all the way. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, and it's great. Put in the 91 CAI tune, raise the shift firmness and it becomes a much more responsive car. You can numerous settings with the tuner to suit your car. The data logging feature is great as well.

I've got the MDS and EGR shut off right now, and I like the way it drives, but the gas millage is down over 3mpg without the MDS, so I may have to turn that back on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! It seems like we have a winner!

·
Registered
596 Posts
For sure, the Predator!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Predator x100,000,000...don't waste your money on anything else. Will also be well spent money now if you plan on doing any mods that will need a custom tune in the future (i.e. head/cams/boost) It will also allow you to change rear end gears and tire sizes! You won't find many people on here who will disagree that its the best $400 you can spend! :beerchug:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
You maybe able to find a good deal with some of our supporting vendors. They usually have some kind package deals.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
You maybe able to find a good deal with some of our supporting vendors. They usually have some kind package deals.
You might also check the for sale items and find a used one even cheaper. Just make sure you know who you're dealing with.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
10 year old thread? Really? Try commenting on something written within the last month...

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
On the plus side, he DID do a proper Search, so there's that. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts