Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking around Dodge site and found a pic of a silver steel R/T with the daytona wheels and grill. Looks great...is this part of the Road/Track package? Can I get the Road/Track pac. with the leather seats and dark/light grey trim insead of the dark grey/beigh? I'd love to know before ordering and the dodge website and brochure contridict each other. The dealer is know help...they don't even know what the Road/Track pac. is!Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That picture used to be a daytona, you can get the r/t package in silver steel, but you'd have to buy the spoiler and air dam from parts...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
no worries... everyone is a
at one point in time or another... :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I want the two door package!

No wait... scrap that. The car would still be a hideous coupe.

I want the '99 concept package!! Now THAT was a CHARGER!

Not some cookie cutter 2004 Mitsubishi Galant look-a-like with a famous name stuffed on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
FastbackJon said:

Not some cookie cutter 2004 Mitsubishi Galant look-a-like with a famous name stuffed on it.
Yeah and my two door 72 Newport looked like an old Charger too..

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hold on while I call up have production stopped.

Get over it for crissakes. Your 2 door will be along shortly. Til then, deal with this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Hold on while I call up have production stopped.

Get over it for crissakes. Your 2 door will be along shortly. Til then, deal with this.
They actually said they're coming out with a two door model?? Well it would be a step in the right direction at least. Hopefully they redesign it so it at least has a few hints of looking like the Charger that everyone knows.

The 2005 Mustang is unmistakable is without any badges. Its design has roots in its heritage. That's why it is selling good. With the 2006 "Charger" and no badges, no one could tell what the name is. And for that I'll give Dodge a big thumbs down.

·
Registered
630 Posts
FastbackJon said:
They actually said they're coming out with a two door model?? Well it would be a step in the right direction at least. Hopefully they redesign it so it at least has a few hints of looking like the Charger that everyone knows.
Gee, see what you can learn from people who are claimed to be too dumb to know a bad car when it is shown to them! But more disappointment is in your future. The 2 door LX is not going to be a Charger, but the rumor has it that it will be called... The Challenger! Get ready folks, for if it doesn't resemble a 70's Challenger down to every crease, and dimple, then it will be panned as well.

FastbackJon said:
The 2005 Mustang is unmistakable is without any badges. Its design has roots in its heritage. That's why it is selling good. With the 2006 "Charger" and no badges, no one could tell what the name is. And for that I'll give Dodge a big thumbs down.
For folks who are not car oriented you probably are right. But being car oriented, I can tell what a car is even with every badge removed (muscle car era that is). Its not hard for those of us who enjoy cars and respect them to learn the differences of makes, models, even same model variations from year to year.

As a former '69 Charger owner, I will be the first to admit that the "que"s on the new Charger that are "taken" from the classics are small, very small. However, they are there if you are willing to open your mind beyond the "it has to look like one to be one" mentality. Taillights has twin round modules. Yes they are moulded behind a flat outer shell, but they do give me a hint of the 68's lights. The rear window sails, certainly not the 5 or 6 inch sails of the 68-70 variety, but the sails are there. Heck, even some '69 and '70 Charger 500's had NO SAILs whatsoever. Those are still considered to be Chargers. The rear fender hips are slightly reminisent of the vintage Chargers as well as the massive wheel wells.

You will call me delusional, but so be it. I am taking possesion of a new Dodge Charger and no matter what anyone says, its a Dodge Charger. It will say it on the bill of sale and the state government will also endorse it by licensing and registering the car as a Dodge Charger. Its here, its what Dodge is selling as a Charger, move on with life. Not everyone is stuck in the 60's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts