Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so performance wise i have nothing done to my car , and i am 16 years old and people see me in my car , they like it etc. I dont want people to have to look in order to see me ! i want people to know the startup of my car and hear me coming ! i want a loud car , i mean i know i have a little v6 but still i want to sound nice . Any suggestions ? i dont care if it adds power because honestly i dont need that , i just want it to sound louder and deeper and more muscly ! i want to go to a muffler shop and tell them exactly what i want but before that i wanted to ask you guys :thumbsup: I want to keep it under 200$ please !!! any tips would help thanks !

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Louder 2.7L? Under $200??

Sorry, but under those conditions the only option is to play a recording of a muscle car through your stereo and turn it up LOUD.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bro I want more sound out of my 2014 V6 Charger, and I'm only a year older so I know where you're coming from lol. I've been suggested the Pypes and solo performance exhaust systems for the 6cyl, and thought they sound the best. I liked them over flow master/magnaflow setups. Give those two a listen and see what you think, I believe Pypes is pretty cheap. You can probably install them yourself, saving labor money. Also, you might want to invest in a tune and CAI in the future.

E: wouldn't a resonator delete be under 200?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Bro I want more sound out of my 2014 V6 Charger, and I'm only a year older so I know where you're coming from lol. I've been suggested the Pypes and solo performance exhaust systems for the 6cyl, and thought they sound the best. I liked them over flow master/magnaflow setups. Give those two a listen and see what you think, I believe Pypes is pretty cheap. You can probably install them yourself, saving labor money. Also, you might want to invest in a tune and CAI in the future.

E: wouldn't a resonator delete be under 200?
Yes..and then the car will sound like an old tuna boat.

The OP has a 2.7L with a single pipe exhaust. You have dual exhaust from the factory. He's starting waaaay behind on this one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yes..and then the car will sound like an old tuna boat.

The OP has a 2.7L with a single pipe exhaust. You have dual exhaust from the factory. He's starting waaaay behind on this one.
Just suggesting what $200 can do lol
I'm not on my PC, can someone link him air silencer removal info?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Go to true duals. Honestly, guy, a loud 2.7 lacks only a fart can to get the sort of attention you do NOT want. Just sayin. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

Whoeverinhell at Mopar approved the 2.7 for the LH cars, much less the LX, should have been exported to Cuba. God only knows who was thinking what when they did that. They'd have been better served with a hotted-up 3.3 ohv.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
With the 2.7, I don't think you're really going to get the sound you're after... no matter what exhaust you end up putting on it, I doubt you're going to get the deep muscle car sound you're after.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There has been some really good post on hear that you should pay attention to.

Mean R/T has a great point. You have to be careful with a 2.7 or even the 3.5, if you try to produce a V8 sound you will end up sounding like one of those rice can racer cars.

Hambone suggested true dual's. You can, but it will be a waste of money in my opinion because you will spend extra money and gain no more performance or sound quality, just drain you bank account some.

RAINMANyeh is correct, you will never get the mean V8 sound out of your car, so you should switch your thinking to a tone you will like for your vehicle.

You should read through torred 3.5's post he linked there. It has good information.

I ended up going the route that torred 3.5 did after all my research. I am happy with the sound of my car. You can hear it when it starts up, the only drone I get is taken off or when I really step on it, cruising has no drone what so ever.

I spent $89.00 on my muffler, and $269.95 on the exhaust portion. Paid a shop $100.00 to install everything because, well I didn't have time. Some times it is cheaper to pay someone than to do it yourself.

As I always suggest, do your homework and listen to sound clips first. There are ton's out there, just make sure they are of you make of vehicle and of the 2.7 L engine, otherwise your not comparing apples to apples.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Personally I think it's an up hill battle. If you think you can satisfy yourself for that kind of money the great. If not put the money towards making your car look awesome.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hell, keep it quiet and save up for a turbo or something.
A turbo spooling would be a seriously unexpected sound coming from a charger lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts