Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided im selling my car (r/t) and getting either a new charger srt8/challenger or camaro ss for the purposes of racing. basically, its all out performance this time around.

anyone got ideas, im looking into possibly street racing as well.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Save your money and invest in some internal upgrades? It looks like all you have is exhaust? Try the entry level mods?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I'd get the camaro, the LSx block has WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more mods available

·
Registered
97 Posts
Corvette!!!

You could pick up a C5 (97-04) cheap and any mods are going to go a long way becuase its pretty light and aerodynamic. You might even be able to pick up a C5 Z06. That would be a cheap car with 405 hp out of the box. Or the C6 you are starting off with 400 hp for an 05-07 or 436 hp with an 08 if you have that kind of money. Or if you really have that kind of the money the 505 hp Z06 or really really have money:D the 638 hp ZR1.

I love my Charger but they are completely different cars. My stock C5, unless you consider a Cat back a mod:D, was a lot of fun. It could move pretty good for a 10 year old car without any mods:rocker: With the Charger I feel more like running over stuff :rocker:instead of away from stuff.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Whichever route you take, get zero options. Keep the weight down as much as possible. No sunroof etc....

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
So i decided im selling my car (r/t) and getting either a new charger srt8/challenger or camaro ss for the purposes of racing. basically, its all out performance this time around.

See if FlyByU wants to sell his car :D

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I know of a 700hp 03 Z06 for sale

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
kinda like my SRT:cowsmile:
or kinda the exact opposite of mine:bigthumb:

If you're getting a car solely for the purposes of racing, im not too sure an LX is the way to go at all, and still not even really a chally ("LY" i beleive)

If i was gonna get a late model drag car, I'd get a rustang and BLOW THE GAWAFFUELAH out of it (for the same amount of money i already have in my charger but running ~11-10s). All of the late models are on the heavier side though(especially the mopars and even the camaro) i got the charger to go fast and all but i like lookin good and being able to eventually haul my kids around in, and hell-even live in it comfortably if i had to:beerchug:

oh and- Street racing is illegal and stoopid!! :slap:
there i said it!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Two words........ FOX BODY!!!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Drag- Chally, Mustang, something like that

Street-STI, Evo, Audi TT, something along those lines

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

Camaro or Challenger?

=GT500 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Two words........ FOX BODY!!!
x3

Drag- Chally, Mustang, something like that

Street-STI, Evo, Audi TT, something along those lines
Challenger is way too heavy. Camaro is only a little better.

STi/Evo/TT - no way in hell. Turbo lag, boost leaks, tuning issues, drivetrain/AWD lauch issues, etc.

OP: What are you trying to accomplish? What kind of times and $$?

A Mustang GT is your best starting platform for modern cars, MAYBE a C5.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
x3

Challenger is way too heavy. Camaro is only a little better.

STi/Evo/TT - no way in hell. Turbo lag, boost leaks, tuning issues, drivetrain/AWD lauch issues, etc.

OP: What are you trying to accomplish? What kind of times and $$?

A Mustang GT is your best starting platform for modern cars, MAYBE a C5.

I would say an F-body is a very good starting platform as well

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
R35 ftw :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts