Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post but I thought I would ask the Texas Folks. I'm selling my Ford F250 4x4 so that I can get a 2006 or 2007 Dodge Charger R/T :) I'm about 2 weeks from needing it (just sold my truck and I have about 2 weeks before I have to give it up). I was wondering if anyone could help me find what I'm looking for or help point me in the right direction:

Here's the wish list:
2006 or 2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Silver of some sort
$26,500 - My wife would prefer it under $25,000 :grin:
Radio Controls on the Steering Wheel
Satellite Radio Hook up
Homelink Garage Door Open
Nav system would be AWESOME but I'm not kidding myself.
Not sure what the R&T stuff is, but it sounds like something I should try and get :lol:

CarMax has one in Plano but not with the Radio Controls (from what I can see in the picture). I've been playing on Cars.com as well as CarMax.
So, does anyone know where I can find this car in Texas.

I'm willing to go anywhere. I live in Plano but most of my family lives in or around San Antonio so I'm willing to go from Plano down to San Antonio and over to Houston if I need to.

Thanks for any and all help!!
Alamo

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I recommend Carmax. Go talk to them and tell them what you are looking for.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a TON of cars with their logo on the back so they must sell a TON of cars. Especially here in Dallas.

I've been on their page and test drove the one in Plano, they only have about 8 I think in the region, and only 1 is silver. I can pay more and have them shipped in from outside the region I guess.

Have you purchased anything from them?

Alamo

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post but I thought I would ask the Texas Folks. I'm selling my Ford F250 4x4 so that I can get a 2006 or 2007 Dodge Charger R/T :) I'm about 2 weeks from needing it (just sold my truck and I have about 2 weeks before I have to give it up). I was wondering if anyone could help me find what I'm looking for or help point me in the right direction:

Here's the wish list:
Silver of some sort
Satellite Radio Hook up
Not sure what the R&T stuff is, but it sounds like something I should try and get :lol:

CarMax has one in Plano but not with the Radio Controls (from what I can see in the picture). I've been playing on Cars.com as well as CarMax.

I'm willing to go anywhere. I live in Plano but most of my family lives in or around San Antonio so I'm willing to go from Plano down to San Antonio and over to Houston if I need to.

Alamo

I can't help you with where to go in Texas, but I got mine for ~ $27K with just under 9,000 miles on it. You should at least be able to find what you are looking for.
I have a R&T and trust me you won't be sorry if you spring for it. Significantly better suspension and seats +10HP over std R/T. It's basically a Daytona without the paintjob or the number.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, here's a question. When i'm looking through Cars.com and Autotrader.com - how can I see if the car has the Road & Track option? That hasn't been something i've noticed.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
So, here's a question. When i'm looking through Cars.com and Autotrader.com - how can I see if the car has the Road & Track option? That hasn't been something i've noticed.
If it doesn't say but has pic of the inside, the R&Ts have the bolstered seats.

Carmax I believe will search other carmax dealers and can bring in a car for you cheap so I would go talk to them and see what they can do. Another option is looking for a year end close out. You may be able to find one at a killer price.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If they don't list it, than the seats is the quickest way to tell. They are black with sweade inserts in the middle and deffinitely look like an upgrade from the standard leather seat. They look like a Daytona seat if you've ever seen them or can find a pic of them.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'd also agree with Carmax, do a nationwide search and you'll be able to find other Chargers. You can have a Charger shipped from any where else in the country with carmax, and you won't be obligated to buy it once it gets there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So here is the car I'm having them bring down to Plano.

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/factsheet/factsheet.aspx?id=4422893&refer=mykmx

Based on the pictures, i'm guessing its the Road and Track version. The interesting part is it's the same price for the non Road and Track they have in Plano already. When I called the guy to have him ship it down he asked me why I didn't pick the one they already had if they are the same price :lol:

If all goes well, in 21 days (thats how long it will take to get down here) i'll be a new member of the Texas Dodge Charger Family !!!!

Thoughts? Oh ya, nobody go and buy this car out from underneath me ok :nervous s

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Yup that be a R/T with R&T and looks good. Hope all goes well with it!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Another vote for Carmax. Easy to deal with, you can find almost anything you're looking for and have it shipped to you from any state, and always seem to have a very honest price and approach to their sales and trade ins.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've learned a lot about CarMax over the last 3 weeks.

I was trying to get an idea as to what my truck was worth so I took it over to CarMax to get a quote. I own a Black Ford F250 Fx4 Lariat with a ton of bells and whistles. To name just a few:
Towing Package
Trailer Brakes etc
Spray in Bed liner
Hardside, color matched top
5th wheel towing connections - including the hitch
Remote Start
Drop down DVD Player
Tinted Windows
6 Disk CD Changer
Running Boards

When they gave me the quote they were missing some of my features and I asked them about it. The sales guy said "We don't have those check boxes to click so we put as many down as we can" So, if I was a customer looking for an F250 they would have no view, other than seeing it in person that it was pimped out based on their "check boxes" or without looking at the pictures and seeing what it has.

Now, fast forward to my Charger.

The 2006 Dodge Charger in Plano is an R/T with not a lot of bells and whistles, with 16,000 miles on it and they want $24,995. Not bad, and probably not a bad price for it either. But the one I’m having them ship down to me (for $400) is a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with the Road and Track Option as well as the stereo controls on the steering wheel. It has 12k miles on it. They want $24,995 for it as well. So it appears that they don't consider the Road and Track option, or the stereo controls as a "value" or...they don't have a check box for it :) I only saw that it was the Road & Track after everyone told me what to look for.

So, for those of you that are looking for a car at CarMax. Do your homework. It pays off. I think I’m getting a pretty sweet deal on this compared to what I was about to pay for the one they had on the lot in Plano.

I love CarMax !!! They ROCK !!

·
Registered
330 Posts
So here is the car I'm having them bring down to Plano.

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/factsheet/factsheet.aspx?id=4422893&refer=mykmx

Based on the pictures, i'm guessing its the Road and Track version. The interesting part is it's the same price for the non Road and Track they have in Plano already. When I called the guy to have him ship it down he asked me why I didn't pick the one they already had if they are the same price :lol:

If all goes well, in 21 days (thats how long it will take to get down here) i'll be a new member of the Texas Dodge Charger Family !!!!

Thoughts? Oh ya, nobody go and buy this car out from underneath me ok :nervous s
Based on the seats and the 350 HP rating, that looks like a R&T, good move. It looks like everything except maybe the NAV and rear DVD. It looks like a reasonable price too.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Does not appear to be "badged" as a Road and Track but rather a standard R/T. That is not a Road and Track grill either and those are not 20 inch Road and Track rims. The seats appear to be R&T.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does not appear to be "badged" as a Road and Track but rather an R/T. That is not a Road and Track grill either.
My Road & Track has the std grill and does not have any special badge. I think thats only for the Daytona.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2006 vs 2007 R/T "Road & Track"

I can tell you the 07 R&T's are identical to a Daytona without the special colors and graphics. Not sure how it was done with 06's.

So, is that true for the 06's? My assumption on the 06's is they upgraded the seats and the suspension. I'm not sure what else or if that is even true.

·
Registered
330 Posts
So, is that true for the 06's? My assumption on the 06's is they upgraded the seats and the suspension. I'm not sure what else or if that is even true.
Yes, I have always been told with 06 and 07, the R&T is essentially a Daytona without the paintjob and the numbered edition. I hear the Daytona may have a slightly more aggressive exhaust than the R&T, but I haven't compared them side by side. They are both definitely more aggressive than the standard R/T.

The biggest most noticable differences are the seats, suspension (handling), and it's 350HP instead of 340. The 10 HP comes from the upgraded exhaust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2006 Loaded R/T in DFW area

Hey Guys,

Here's the wish list:
Silver of some sort
Satellite Radio Hook up

Alamo
I have an R/T for sale. It is fully loaded. It has everything you want and more. The only thing it does not have is the R&T package. I live in Fort Worth. If you are interested I would meet you somewhere, you could look it over, test drive it and see what you think I added a few things. I have added the SRT-8 grill, the Classic red R/T badges, and the hood struts so you don't have to use the prop bar when opening the hood. I have it listed for $26,250 but would take a reasonable offer.

I took it Carmax and they wanted the car but could not quite get where I wanted on the price. You are right, they don't hit on some options during the quote and that is my feeling why different optioned cars seem to go for the same there.

Here is a link to my online Auto Trader ad. It is also in the North Texas print magazine. I believe if you se this car you would really like it!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=228984962&dealer_id=60959651&reset_crumbs=y

1 - 20 of 24 Posts