Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried a nitrous system on their car or can put me in touch with someone who has? The way I see it, it will be very difficult because of the drive by wire throttle, which by the way sucks and is very unresponsive. I have been a late model mustang owner for almost 10 years and have comprehensive knowledge of the latest and greatest for these cars. My cars have always been relitively easy to work on and very responsive to the mods. It seems that Dodge has taken some provisions against the enthusiest. I absolutly love the car and I hope the aftermarket will soon develop. I did some reaserch on the internal components of the Hemi and in my judgement is more than capable of handling a 150 shot of juice with proper tuning. But that is my problem, no one can work with the software. The fuel, timing curves, shift points and aggresiveness, rev limiter are all very conservative. Also why does the car freakin' shift in auto stick mode! This is rediculous, how am I going to do a nasty holeshot for my buddies! Maybe I am complaning too much it is an outstanding car ([email protected] in 90degree heat with 900 miles on the clock in a car tha ttips the scales at 4100lbs. I guess that seems slow my mustang has run a best of [email protected] with 150 shot still in the wings. Anyway any type of info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gonemad

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
There are plenty of the truck guys running 75-150 shots with out a tune. Just run a wideband to make sure your AFR is good and have fun. Also in my opinion stay away from the dry systems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why stay away from the dry systems? So long as you're running a small shot, a dry system seems to be the way to go on our cars. If you want to dedicate the car to being an n2o best, then you could do a direct port wet system, but I'd be afraid of doing a wet setup into our intake. I've seen too many cars with similar intake runner designs blown through the hood from pooling.

·
Registered
263 Posts
All of this nitrous talk has me going forth to the next stage of my car modifying education and learning what the hell it all means...lol. Don't get me wrong, I know what nitrous oxide is, I have seen the Fast and the Furious...lol...:rockon:

Any1 know of a good site that breaks down all of the technicallities (sp?) of nitrous, so I won't feel like too much of a tool when the topic comes up?

·
Registered
89 Posts
elcapitan87 said:
Why stay away from the dry systems? So long as you're running a small shot, a dry system seems to be the way to go on our cars. If you want to dedicate the car to being an n2o best, then you could do a direct port wet system, but I'd be afraid of doing a wet setup into our intake. I've seen too many cars with similar intake runner designs blown through the hood from pooling.
A would rather have a broken intake instead of a hole in the block from a piston. I have used them both and wet is the best.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I guess either way, its best to always remember that the bottle knows FAR more than you do. I know that for myself, I'd consider a 100-125hp shot on the stock internals and I'd go with a dry setup to keep the fuel out of the intake. Any larger shot, you'd want to go with a wet kit to ensure adequate fuel and like I said, at that point I'd do a direct port setup. Sure, for higher hp, the wet setup is the way to go.
While we're on this topic, anyone have any idea how the drive by wire would work with the WOT switches? All of my n2o experience is on far older technology.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts