Charger Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
60 in a 50 is not that bad...i doubt he can stop you hours later after the fact and give you a ticket...and if he does...you only did 10 over.
If he can identify you (he did see you behind the wheel) when he went by, as you mentioned he looked pissed, he might get you later... Dunno if u-turns are legal there, but here, you would probably get at least one of the two tickets you are elligible for...most coppers here write 20 k over (12 mph). So you mite get one or the big bonus..... none....

Don't worry too much. If he got your plate, you would have met him by now. If he didn't, he may stop you later... and remember, he did see you, so don't pretend like you car was being driven by a space alien and that you were in another county at the time. Just man up and treat it as a learning experience.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Street racing, speeding, eluding law enforcement and everyone makes a big joke about it? Let's just throw ALL the laws out, anarchy rules.

now I know why i dont hit new posts tab anymore.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I wasnt joking about it, this is serious ****! I just wanted some opinions yesterday but looks like everything is ok. I dont think I was eluding because he never initiated his lights.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just take it easy from now on. lol
Yeah i know for sure. I will be obeying the speed limit, and let all the cars that want to race me go by.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
IrishChargerRT
Holy crap, I cant believe that there is another member in Northern Nevada. I live in Carson City. Sweet lookin car btw.

·
Registered
230 Posts
He can't do chit to you dude, once you're out of your car there's no proof it was you, even if your car stands out like a sore thumb. Unless he lit you up first, but if he loses sight of you it's all over.
Not correct. Losing sight means nothing. You DON'T even have to stop and take action at the time. Unless Indiana is different than the states I am aware of, a criminal summons can be mailed any time within a year.

Remember probable cause is a higher standard than reasonable suspicion, however how much higher a standard varies from court to court.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I like what one of the other members said about you buying a yaris and putting a wing on it after you sold your charger. LOL LOL LOL LOL I can see it now the new visa com. "Having owned a dodge charger, 30,000 the ticket from eluding and avaiding, 2,000 and finally; getting spanked in your yaris in the quarter mile by a charger, PRICELESS. for everything else theirs visa"........LOL

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
if i was the cop i'd search through some charger related forums...cause i know for a fact most people post about such events on forums these days...:)

like that other car forum where a ricer got ticketed and then lied out the azz about it on a forum. the cop read it all and decided to post :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am not negative all the time. I am usually very optamistic. All of my postings are here on this site to see. Look at them and you will see.
However I just call em as I see em.

I will admit I was young once and behaved in was that wasen't safe for me and those around me. Cops watched me a lot when I was young, but not becasue of my car, but because of the way I was driving it.
I was very lucky I lived though that time. Not all live though it.
Cops don't just look at young prople in fast or flashy cars.
My charger is almost the most flashy charger model made (08 Orange Daytona)
And the cops don't bother me. There is NOTHING on it to show I am a officer
and it has standard issued plates.
It not you car, just the way its driven. You admitted it here in your first post of theis thread.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I am not negative all the time. I am usually very optamistic. All of my postings are here on this site to see. Look at them and you will see.
However I just call em as I see em.

I will admit I was young once and behaved in was that wasen't safe for me and those around me. Cops watched me a lot when I was young, but not becasue of my car, but because of the way I was driving it.
I was very lucky I lived though that time. Not all live though it.
Cops don't just look at young prople in fast or flashy cars.
My charger is almost the most flashy charger model made (08 Orange Daytona)
And the cops don't bother me. There is NOTHING on it to show I am a officer
and it has standard issued plates.
It not you car, just the way its driven. You admitted it here in your first post of theis thread.

No they were f'king me and I wasn't in the car. I stated I was outside of my car and they rode pass me looked at me and circle around the block. I wasn't even in the car at all. This was 8 oclock in the morning. I had on a doo rag, baggy jeans, and a fitted cap. Im not trynna play the race card here....but come what reason would they have to point me out like that. I wasnt even driving my car when this happen....on a side note your reply and my reply was posted in the wrong thread lol.....should of been posted in mine.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ya bro dont worry about it! If he got your tags he would have shown up at your house. You're ok now, dont sweat it

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Ive definately decided to slowdown, Im a good driver, but I understand anything can happen at anytime. I just figure its not worth all the consequenses. Ill admit I was being an Idiot. Oh and BTW nitecop, I would have put stock rims on my car if I had some!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I love hearing stories about trying to jet from the cops, lol if your driving fast or racing you know everyone has a story!
by the way Irish what kind of radar do you have!?

61 - 80 of 89 Posts