Charger Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
dont worry about it..if u see em again do the same thing as u did and outrun em!!!! they wont catch up! :rocker: lol dont listen to me...

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
But what was I supposed to do, slow down and get pulled over for street racing and get shafted.
Yes. Obviously not a popular viewpoint given I'm the only one to express it, and absolutely nothing personal against you, but... yes. You ran from the police to get out of being punished for breaking the law. I can't let that just sit there without saying it's wrong. Not that I've never been speeding worse... I have. It's just the... evasion that bothers me, really.

Sorry to pop the joy bubble, but hey, someone has to be a killjoy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sir you live in navada. do you live in clark county? and if so what part. I know a buddy there who is a cop, he says they depend on the dash cam alot,down here in Fl. and if they really want they can pull video and resize image. with all this being said you should have stopped. You were racing, I always say "if you want to play, then you gotta be willin to pay" I find it hard to beleive what you did man, a fellow brother on the forum. I have a lotta friends in ems there in clark county. Most of them say the cops there won't come after you if they didn't the first time, But that cop will pass along the info and they will really come down on you if they pull you over in the near future. Street racing is dumb, Next time take it to the track.

·
Registered
130 Posts
dont worry about it..if u see em again do the same thing as u did and outrun em!!!! they wont catch up! :rocker: lol dont listen to me...
Yeah, that's some good advice...:rolleyes2:

Years ago, we had a chase with a guy who was in a pretty fast Corvette. We were driving some slow Crown Vics. One of us would get close to him, and he'd hit the gas, lose us, and then slow down. He didn't realize that we had an aircraft following his every move. After about 20 minutes of cat and mouse, we picked him up. He couldn't figure out how we kept tracking him down. :lol3005:

You may have become a 'marked' man. You probably got that officer's attention and will be remembered in the future. Lay low and smarten up the next time some bozo wants to race on the street.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
He can't do chit to you dude, once you're out of your car there's no proof it was you, even if your car stands out like a sore thumb. Unless he lit you up first, but if he loses sight of you it's all over.

The things you learn in Criminal Justice class.

I will, remark that it is NOT a good idea to run from the cops and 99/100 you will get caught.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
wow look at u jason being all formal..this is the most serious ive seen u....

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
If the cop never turned on his blues he doesnt know for sure the cop was even after him. If he was after you he would have turned on his lights. I believe you are just paranoid.

·
Registered
667 Posts
To the OP There is a photo of your car, your location and your confession is posted on the internet in a public forum.

I rethink street racing ,and go for the edit button.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You need to sell your Charger immediately! You need to move out of state and change your name. You need to buy yourself one of those ***-ass Yarises and throw a big stupid wing on the back and go undercover for about 3 years. I think that would be best.

:D

·
Registered
856 Posts
was not such a good idea to post that information in a chargerforum where your car and rims are unique and you can be identified easily. You probably might become marked as others have said. If you do get pulled over just relax and have respect.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Be safe, stay under limit

You're prolly OK for now. If he was THAT pissed he would have come after you right away. I would just stay within legal limits for a while and don't bring any attention to yourself. I have had some experience with LEO's in the past, some can be ok and some are real asses. I will keep my personal feelings quiet tho as not to offend anyone.
I hardly ever have anyone want to street race me tho. I guess everyone in my area is scared of PURPLE.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
To be technical- Check the statute of limitations for speeding, street racing, and any other infractions you have violated. Once the number of days have passed, the officer no longer has recourse to prosecute you.

To Be honest - If he hasn't caught you now, you shouldn't worry. If he had enough evidence to convict you, you would have gotten an knock at the door. I think it's cool, you are just gonna get a sterner look when you cross paths with that officer. Follow the rules of the road, and you should be ok

·
Registered
174 Posts
Would 98% of this thread be considered aiding and abetting :icon_eek:

Seriously dude, that was stupid. I don't know what's worse, street racing or evading. Now you post a thread in a public forum and tell exactly what happened. If they put 2 and 2 together, you're hosed big time as you should be. And yes they can arrest you later. All the evidence is right here, time and date. You can't plead the 5th now. It's all in your own words.

Are you a man or a mouse? I say go to the police station and turn yourself in. You'll feel better about it in the morning.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
haha, I havent gone today yet. I still went to work yesterday haha, and nothing happened. But... Today I was driving on pyramid highway and I pass a Highway Patrol and he get behind me and the lights come on and I was thinking "oh sh**" haha, but then he comes up to the car and says "Im stoping you today because your left tailight is out" and then he went and checked my info, nothing came up i guess. He was really cool, he complimented me on my car and asked if I was "driveing around to test it out" lol.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
lucky ass!!!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts