Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around today, and this Acura TL raced me up a hill, and I won of course, but It might be one of the stupidest ideas ive had. When I got to the top of the hill I passed to cars at about 60mph in a 50mph, my radar detector never went off. So I decide to make a U-turn and go the other way and I see a cop flying down the hill and he went by me going the other way, and looked at me, he was pissed. I see him slowing down to make a U-turn. So I floor it and duck down a street, and I am 3 miles away from my house. I took all side streets. and on the way I see a cop in the distance, but he doesnt see me, and he is heading up towards where I was coming from. I got home without seeing anymore. Now Im afraid to leave for work! God im stupid.:argh:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But what was I supposed to do, slow down and get pulled over for street racing and get shafted. Ill just deny everything.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha I know, I dont know what to do right now. Im waiting for a knock on the door or something.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unless he took your tag #. you're OK. Just deny 'til you die!!! Practice, "It wasn't me sir." "It wasn't me sir." ;)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bad thing is, mine is the only one with orange rims in town haha.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Man I did this once in a mustang I owned that was black with white racing stripes and rims and the car stood out too. I was on the Interstate and I was going over 100 and I passed a cop clocking and floored it up to 130 and got off at another exit and pulled behind a publix and parked for a while before leaving. It was one of the dumbest things I ever did but it never caught up with me so I hope it doesn't catch up with you either.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If you still have your factory rims and tires... I'd consider putting them on tonight and leaving them on for the next couple of weeks. lol

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha I would but I dont have factory rims. I wish I had paint, i would just paint over them for now lol

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
crazy just call in sick and have an alibi....

don't give your self up lol good luck with the whole thing....

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
You have nothing to worry about....atleast today.....they wont start a man-hunt looking for you for 10mph over........and they cant really pull you over hours later and give you a ticket.......if they try, say someone else had your car.

What they can do, is keep you in memory and mess with you when they see you next time so thats something to remember after having a few beers at the local bar/lounge / club heading home

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
yeah I wouldn't be too worried about it. You said the cop looked pissed, did he have his lights on? If not then like on24s said, they may just keep your cars picture on the dash for next time...
I doubt he'll even remember by now...good luck...

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
You have nothing to worry about....atleast today.....they wont start a man-hunt looking for you for 10mph over........and they cant really pull you over hours later and give you a ticket.......if they try, say someone else had your car.

What they can do, is keep you in memory and mess with you when they see you next time so thats something to remember after having a few beers at the local bar/lounge / club heading home
x2 You'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its not really the ten over the speed limit, its if they considered me street racing, then im screwed, cause he didnt go after the Acura, he went after me. And the acura was closer to him.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah I wouldn't be too worried about it. You said the cop looked pissed, did he have his lights on? If not then like on24s said, they may just keep your cars picture on the dash for next time...
I doubt he'll even remember by now...good luck...
He didnt have his lights on, thats why i decided to floor it and get out of there. If he had his lights on I would have surrendered haha

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If they had any info on you and wanted to pursue, they would have been at your place immediately. They can just about get your life's history in seconds from the dispatcher.
I'd be nervous as hell too but if nothing happened right away, I'd try not to sweat it.

The next time may not be so lucky.

-GB

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd say at most just call into work for the night. chances are the same cop wont be working the shift while your working late at night, So i don't think tonight you'll have anything to be worried about. Lay low and easy for a little bit, don't be racing around to much just kinda drive the limit and not to agressive. Thats what i'd do.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Take a cab to work and back for the rest of the week :yes:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts