Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I order, I wanted to make sure if you guy's thought the Matte White would look the best on a Purple SRT8, I am going to order only the "Hood Decal" and "Hood Intake Blackout Decal" to make sure whatever color you guy's prefer looks nice on the car. If it does then I will order the rest of the decals for the car. I am really worried about the color, if it will stand out in a good way or a bady way. Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
I saw some pics of the Daytona with white decals and personally, I didn't like it but some guys did. You might want to ask some of our expert photoshop guys to show you what it would look like before buying. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think that the white would look horrable, nut thats just my opinion. black would look way better. I too have seen chargers with the white decals and it looked bad(ugly).

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply's, I really didnt want to go black because it's so dark, almost hidden. So I am not sure what to go with. Who would I be able to ask to do some photoshop pic's, since white may not look good. I just kind of want to stay away from black but I may have no choice

·
Registered
282 Posts
What about silver? :)
or maybe even a darker or lighter shade of that purple. Purple on purple would look good. And you really won't be changing the car so dramtically like white would.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I was gonna say that too..... It would tie in with the rims. They have a chrome too IIRC. Hey Drider, or Autoguy, what all do yall have? I know check the website. lol
I guarantee whatever they do will look awesome. Also do not forget they do great custom work, so don't feel limited to what is on their site.
BTW I am the official Ridergraphix Forum Cheerleader!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I really like the silver or black idea myself. The purple is cool that you don't want to take away from it with a color to drastic. I think the white might just be that; too much. Are you sure about the black? It would stand out really nice against the purple. The silver is slightly less bold looking and has a brighter contrast.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Oh, and also..... If you are doing the hood, I recommend something to balance it in the rear. Maybe a quarter panel decal. Hockey stick, stripe, something. If you get them in time and get them out here to SEMA I'll help you install.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Oh, and also..... If you are doing the hood, I recommend something to balance it in the rear. Maybe a quarter panel decal. Hockey stick, stripe, something. If you get them in time and get them out here to SEMA I'll help you install.
Yep, I am going to get decals on the bottom sides, decal on the side back and one on the trunk. But I thought I would order the hood stuff to see if I like the color, I guess I just wanted more contrast out of it, I thought Black just made it even darker, but who knows maybe we should do a vote lol? Silver or Black

P.S If anyone has idea of the look of the decal let me know, I am kind of lame in that department, I'll show you what I was thinking.

If it was your car what would you have custom made on the decal? I am going to be spending a lot of money on the decals so I dont want to mess this up lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
If you are relatively brave, you can get the larger trunk blackout. Its taller, and extends to slightly above the third brake light, and lines up with the line along the taillights. I also had an idea to consider...... what about RED?
On the SUperbee quarter panels, I like what you chose, SRT8.
On the hood, you might also consider 425 HP, or, get the side spears that say 425 HP. Of course, if you start engine mods you will have to keep changing them :lol:
I recommend you send some pm's to the rider guys, and think about the idea you want from your car, or the theme. You have time, so dont rush. Think about what your car says to you when the sun hasn't quite come up yet, and you just sat in the seat. What does it say right before your insert the key, and crank that engine? WHat do you hear it saying right before you walk into the house as you take that last look at it at night? What does your car say to you?
When you hear that, you will know what the car wants.
My car tells me it wants to be in NASCAR. So thats how it is ending up how it is. What does yours say?
Lets get zen

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are relatively brave, you can get the larger trunk blackout. Its taller, and extends to slightly above the third brake light, and lines up with the line along the taillights. I also had an idea to consider...... what about RED?
On the SUperbee quarter panels, I like what you chose, SRT8.
On the hood, you might also consider 425 HP, or, get the side spears that say 425 HP. Of course, if you start engine mods you will have to keep changing them :lol:
I recommend you send some pm's to the rider guys, and think about the idea you want from your car, or the theme. You have time, so dont rush. Think about what your car says to you when the sun hasn't quite come up yet, and you just sat in the seat. What does it say right before your insert the key, and crank that engine? WHat do you hear it saying right before you walk into the house as you take that last look at it at night? What does your car say to you?
When you hear that, you will know what the car wants.
My car tells me it wants to be in NASCAR. So thats how it is ending up how it is. What does yours say?
Lets get zen
Oh WoW!, Great Idea's, now that's what I am looking for. You know what, for whatever reason I never thought about red, I really wonder what that would look like, that sounds like a really good idea. I like the 425 HP, well with e-cutouts it would be + 15 on top of that lol, still testing that to see if its true. But yeah, when i get into my car, it screams NASCAR!!!!!!!! The day I saw it I thought that exact same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Sorry to be late to the party here. Late nights working the last couple nights.

We can do Silver, White, Flat Black, Red, etc. I really think the Flat White would look awesome, but it is your car, and you need to look at it every day. My second choice would be the Silver.

We can make the side spears to have any HP number you wish.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to be late to the party here. Late nights working the last couple nights.

We can do Silver, White, Flat Black, Red, etc. I really think the Flat White would look awesome, but it is your car, and you need to look at it every day. My second choice would be the Silver.

We can make the side spears to have any HP number you wish.
Hey not a problem, I am just taking a color vote in the other section "Exterior Discussion/Modifications" once I get everyone's input and if it hasn’t snow (because I will have to store my car soon before they get salt on the road) I am going to order everything. That and I may change a couple of the decals. I’ll let you know soon.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Autoguy if I took some High Quality snap shots of the front, side and back of my car could you Photoshop what it would look like with the decal's I picked. I would like to see what white and silver looks like.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Hey Autoguy if I took some High Quality snap shots of the front, side and back of my car could you Photoshop what it would look like with the decal's I picked. I would like to see what white and silver looks like.
We can probably do the sides and rear, but the hood will be difficult unless you have a straight down shot from above.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts