Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post in this forum.

I saw the Charger Daytona R/T at the Jacksonville Auto Show last night. I loved it! It looks great in GoMango. I think this is far and away the best looking of all the LX cars. (Of course, I would forget to bring my camera.) The car drew a lot of people and plenty of interest. I think Dodge will have no problem selling the new Chargers. It truly does look a lot better in person. Unfortunately, the car was locked up tight and the hood was closed. I sure wish I could have peeked at the engine and sat behind the wheel.

As far as the car having 4 doors...I currently drive an '03 SRT-4. I have two kids, so I welcome the easy rear-seat access. I believe Dodge made the car for people like myself, car enthusiasts who want a daily driver that's both practical and has good performance. I understand the feelings of some on this forum who lament Dodge's decision to go with 4 doors. Let me say that my first car was a '70 Charger and I have no problem moving into this 4-door version. I mean, think about it: we're given the opportunity to own a Hemi Charger again. What's not to like? It looks great, should have plenty of performance and will be far more reliable than the original Hemi. Time will tell, but this version may even be faster than the original 426 Hemi-equipped Chargers. Certainly the SRT-8 should.

In my opinion, we should be grateful that Dodge has recognised us performance enthusiasts and responded with truly great cars. From the Viper, to the SRT cars, to the new Hemi Chargers, I feel DCX has welcomed the enthusiasts back into the fold. Make mine Mopar.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more. I feel the same as you, and the fact that a lot of people hate this car, makes me like it that much more...LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts