Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I came home from work tonight and said screw it, I am going to remove my side modling, and I LOVE IT!!!!! I took some fishing line to get it started and then pulled. I'll be taking pictures tomorrow after I get my e-cutouts installed.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Congrats can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Naked is the way. :rockon:

Best thing I ever did for the car (so far).

Now maybe will lose some weight waking a mile going in to stores and all.:grin:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
With my door moldings removed, it plays tricks on me everyday if I like it or not. One minute I like it, the next I look at the car from a lil further away and it looks "higher" and I dont like it so much. The superbees I see look great without them, then I realized, they are lowered factory. I think the key to my happiness will be a 1.5 - 2" drop!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did the same thing the other day after going back and forth about it. I thought about what someone on here said about serious racing cars and high performace luxury cars not having molding either and realized that they were so true. What finally made up my mind was seeing that the stock Chrysler 300 has only slightly different moldings. I don't want my Charger R/T to look even remotely like a 300 so that sold me on removing the molding. I used a hair dryer on the sticky tape keeping them on and they peeled off easier than bananna skins.
So glad I did. It looks even meaner now!
I also have the Black Panels under the doors like Lemmyk57 has in that pic above (I guess they call them Rockr panels). I really think they help make the car look a lot more sleek (not as "high") than having them color matched to the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts