Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally called the nhtsa (or what ever they are called) and registered my complaints.
1. That my car stalled once while driving
2. my brakes are squealing

I advised them that these two problems are rampant with our chargers and that they need to be addressed.

It took 10 minutes, you all should do the same!!!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
x2...............

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
noisy brakes are not a NHTSA actionable item

Car stalling is

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
would love to help but mine hasn't done either.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not those issues in mine - 18,900 miles this week.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
13000 on mine and no issues. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
i went to the website, did the problem report, havent called any numbers and due for oil change. going to try to get changed

tom

·
Registered
141 Posts
18000 miles and no issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the stall problem about 6 times. It only happened when I was stopped and then went to accelerate. A few times it stalled while turning and I was in the oncoming lane. Haven't had it happen in about a year and didn't change anything to the car. The issue with the brakes I believe is not a safety issue. That is the first thing the dealership makes clear. But it is common enough that they clear that up first and are aware of the problem but they don't have a fix. I have changed 3 sets of pads (ceramic, semi mettalics and carbons) that squeal bad under medium braking. I have also replaced the stock rotors with another stock rotor and pad. Went to a drilled and slotted rotor and changed the calliper Guide pins. Only thing I haven't changed is the caliper itself. Thats alot of money spent for a noisy brake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts