Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The SRT8 is the hottest new car on the road.

I am a recent owner of a dodge srt8 2006 black Wagon. I have owned A Lexus LS400, Lexus SC430, A Mercedes S class Roadster, A buddy of mine drove the wagon and told me I should test drive it. Before I drove it, I wouldnt consider owning any car not comparable to a Mercedes S class, I was mistaken. I believe this automoble for the money to be the best car you could buy and to be better in engineering, certainly faster and more practicle than any of the previous autos I owned. the Lexus was 76,000 dollars the mercedes was 55,000 dollars. In this wagon The phone blue tooth ( up to 5 phones) is easy to use, and works great , the navigation is good, not as good as lexus, but when your going that fast who cares where? The brakes are phenominal. The engine can be scary fast when it opens up and leaps forward you are thrown back into very nice seats that hold you in place. At 110mph the car is bored. The day we bought the car, we caravaned over to California concepts, on the 101 headed north. The line up lead Srt8 wagon followed by Lexus sc400,.then 2 chargers R/T my buddy was driving in SRT8, we pulled on the freeway.All thoose cars cruising at 75-80 in line was a sight to see. I was on cell phone to my buddy, and told him to open her up, I floored the lexus, and all I saw and the drivers in the R/ts saw was a black silohette moving away from us at a great rate of speed

The Charger srt8 will be a hot ticket and anyone who gets one will be thrilled. Also the sales staff at Sunnyvale Dodge were awesome to do business with. If you cant wait for the SRT8 hes got some tricked out R/t chargers with 22,s lowered suspensions,upgraded exhaust from California Concepts waiting for your purchase. Hot looking rides.Total P-I-M-P.

For the record and credibility, The other car in garage is a 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 . Edlebrock Carb, Bigblock, number matching with 3 inch exhaust. bore over 30. Racing torque converter , 39000 original miles and will burn rubber from here to eternity, so dont go thinking Im some mercedes snob or anything. Im just a poor kid from the south that worked hard is all. I just bought a new dodge Hemi all black truck super cab, nothing over the top, I dont care for the steroid truck look, but what a great truck and what a great deal. No I dont work for Dodge and If I didnt like these vehicles it would be here for you to read.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Welcome to, Mag.

A couple of things. I bought my own very first car, a 1985 Shelby Charger, from Sunnyvale Dodge in 1986:) Small world. Secondly, are you aware that all SRT-8s built after a certain cutoff date in early Aug have a hidden third mode to the ESP system? If your car was built in Aug, try it. Press and hold you ESP botton fro 6-8 seconds, watch for an indication.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
you can wait moparfan....you can wait.......it will be worth it....just keep reading magnumsrt8's post.

thanks for the post....the srt8 charger is going to be something to hold at night and cuddle up with....wife's across america will be very upset when these roll of the assembly lines.......

·
Registered
143 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Welcome to, Mag.

A couple of things. I bought my own very first car, a 1985 Shelby Charger, from Sunnyvale Dodge in 1986:) Small world. Secondly, are you aware that all SRT-8s built after a certain cutoff date in early Aug have a hidden third mode to the ESP system? If your car was built in Aug, try it. Press and hold you ESP botton fro 6-8 seconds, watch for an indication.
Okay, now my ignorance is killing me. What is the third mode, 100% ESP cut-off?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
NeedHP said:
Okay, now my ignorance is killing me. What is the third mode, 100% ESP cut-off?
Yes.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
All SRT-8s built after some date in Aug have a newer version. Heres' a post by REsumespeed, a Brampton plant worker made on the 300C forum.

The ABS upgrade was planned some time ago, and has nothing to do directly with "brake/rotor issues". The upgrade is the new Teves MK25e system, replacing the prior MK25. The 25e system first debuted on the 2005 Grand Cherokee and is now being incorporated as a running change on 2006 LX models. I am trying to narrow down the exact date of the change and should have that info soon.

Three mode ESP

The new 25e system for the CSRT-8 incorporates the new "three mode ESP" feature that has been recently discussed in other threads. Service manuals are now being updated and will include the following description:

SRT8 (with MK25E ABS) and Police Package equipped vehicles have what is known as three-mode ESP. When the ESP Off switch is depressed and quickly released, the system turns off ESP like any other model, but if the switch is held down for a period of five seconds or longer before releasing, the ESP system further reduces the amount of torque management provided. The system can be returned to “normal” by briefly pressing and releasing the ESP Off switch.

Note that the description states that in the new "off" mode that torque management is NOT completely turned off, but is "further reduced".
I have mistakenly been reffring to it as full off, but it appears to not be. Hard to say "more off than off, but not fully off":)

Of course, since all SRT-8 Charger vehicles we'll see are produced AFTER Aug, by default they will have this feature. Of course, cars made for fast feedback and press flett duty most likely dont, since the running change hadn't been introduced.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
This post makes it even more tempting to just say *** it and cancel my Charger SRT-8 order and go buy the Magnum SRT-8.

Since DC or my dealer can't give me any idea of when I might even receive the Charger... I could be waiting forever to get it.

Just pisses me off to no end that they'll take your deposit and advertise the sh!t out of a product and then give you zero communication on what is going on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I feel your pain. I jumped on the first batch of RTs that hit Atlanta. I lucked out though in that I found a car just as I would have ordered it. Granted I was actually hounding every Dodge dealership in the area (at least 11 of them) until they could tell me specifically what they had coming in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wait for the Charger, The wagon is great. I bought it because I have 2 pitbulls and sometimes haul lumber etc for construction. I'm telling you the Charger SRT8 will be the hottest muscle car around. It's got the brilliance of Mercedes engineering coupled with American sensibilty and styling. Unstoppable.

·
Registered
143 Posts
magnumsrt8 said:
Wait for the Charger, The wagon is great. I bought it because I have 2 pitbulls and sometimes haul lumber etc for construction. Im telling you the Charger SRT8 will be the hottest muscle car around. Itrs got the brilliance of Mercedes engineering coupled with American sensibilty and styling. Unstoppable.
Totally agree!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agreed. Welcome Magnum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts