Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I order my 24s for my charger,Im like a kid waiting on xmas,My concern is what tires to get??I just order the rims.Im getting tires next month,These rims are 24x10.When they get here Ill post pics. THANKS :banana::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::rocker::rocker::locked::alfdance:

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Isn't it cheaper to get wheels and tires? You typically save a lot doing this.

That being said, rape that bolt badly, get 255/30/24 tires or 275/30/24s. You will rape rims if you get 275/25/24. Even on the 30 series I've bent 8 rims now in 6 months. The potholes aren't even big here.

Luckily, it's on my explorer so I went ahead and bought some 295/35/24 tires and they're MUCH meatier. There's no meat really on 25 series tires.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't it cheaper to get wheels and tires? You typically save a lot doing this.

That being said, rape that bolt badly, get 255/30/24 tires or 275/30/24s. You will rape rims if you get 275/25/24. Even on the 30 series I've bent 8 rims now in 6 months. The potholes aren't even big here.

Luckily, it's on my explorer so I went ahead and bought some 295/35/24 tires and they're MUCH meatier. There's no meat really on 25 series tires.
Im thinking bout getting the 255 30s.I just ordered the rims for now because im also building a c10,,Painting her the same color as charger wit 24s...money funny..iI think the 255 30s will be ok.Havent heard bout the 275 30s.Never seen them on a charger.Man im ready for my rims..
:beerchug::beerchug:

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
chrg on dav,Where u got lambo door kit?how much?how good they work?
I got it from gauge magazine and I don't recommend it. Lambo doors suck.

However, mine are flushed in to the car to look factory (sunk in to the metal, and finished over to look perfect).

It was a 6000 dollar job but that's more or less because of all the BS that happened before it by a BS company called Exotic Autosports.. they raped the car bad, and couldn't sue them because they had no money.

Time will tell for them...

Anyway check out: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70423&highlight=lambo+doors+suck

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I saw a 350.00 kit.I was thinking bout getting it..what u think
ESPCIALLY stay away from cheap kits... those are sure-fire car-destroyers.

Take my word dude. Don't do it.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
some people like LSD and Vertical doors.com doors..

Me.. I think they all suck and rape your value of the car.

If you plan to spend lots of time at shows, go at it.

If not don't even think about it

Also if your car is a Daily Driver, you will HATE your life.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I barely drive my charger,like some weekends, sometimes not then.I have 2 other vehicles,thats why I think it wouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
518 Posts
I got the vertical door kit and it has held up well for the past 2 years. I rarely open them up. I would stay away from the cheap stuff too. lots of horror stories with those. Oh and if you have a buddy install them yourself. Really easy. don't let a shop overcharge you for an easy job and mess up your car. I had a bad experience with a shady shop...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the vertical door kit and it has held up well for the past 2 years. I rarely open them up. I would stay away from the cheap stuff too. lots of horror stories with those. Oh and if you have a buddy install them yourself. Really easy. don't let a shop overcharge you for an easy job and mess up your car. I had a bad experience with a shady shop...
Thanks for the info..I think Im going to go with 255 30 tires,,more meat.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I barely drive my charger,like some weekends, sometimes not then.I have 2 other vehicles,thats why I think it wouldnt be a problem
Hope your car doesn't get totaled as mine did.

Don't skimp on price, with lambo doors MORE than anything else: YOu get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I was the same way when i ordered mine and had to wait for them to get painted. I went with 255/30 toyos and I am very happy with them. Next year I am switching out the rear with 275/30 toyos. Good luck and post pics.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
dont let davins scare you away from lambo's because of his bad experience... he got a cheap kit and had to make it work... i have the vdi kit---and it fits perfectly... i installed it myself, did both sides and got both perfectly aligned in under 8hours and that was my first time doing it. and now i have sold and installed many sets locally and have installed them in an array of cars and trucks and every single vdi kit i have sold and installed went just as smooth as my chargers did.. because they are vehicle specific instead of universal.. each kit is made to order to the exact vehicle. i gotten so good at installing them that i can now knock out an install in about 5hours now. i actually have 2 VDI charger kits that i can sell cheap. PM ME

EDIT--and i still flip mine up atleast once a day and they are still just as perfect as they day i installed them.. never readjusted or anything. just gotte make sure to use red cap locktite on the bolt threads once you get them set to where you want them. once they are set straight, you unbolt one bolt at a time and apply some locktite to its thread and put it back in and then do another.. that way ensures it wont move once you get them set straight.... i think VDI makes the best kit, fastest install time, and great shocks too... like i said i still flip mines everyday and had them for my charger since last november i think. right around then, so almost a year now, no issues at all.. shocks still hold doors up all day

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
2000 isn't cheap, the only cheap part of my kit was the fact that it was universal. Had good reviews

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
your right 2000 aint cheap, especially when i normally sell the vdi kits for 1200, and i got 2 sets cheaper than that right now.. asking like 950each kit. brand new, pre-painted black.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
your right 2000 aint cheap, especially when i normally sell the vdi kits for 1200, and i got 2 sets cheaper than that right now.. asking like 950each kit. brand new, pre-painted black.
Not a bad price. Yeah I got raped on my kit. Had no idea lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats not bad,but Im trying to get tires for my rims,my rims have already came in,You can view them on one of my new post,But in the future ill probably holla at you about a kit...Because I dont want no cheap kit..;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does vdi stands for vertical doors??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts