Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new to the Mopar world along with my 2010 Dodge Charger SXT. I'm in love with the car but I'm feeling that it doesn't have that certain brutality that should come with the name. The performance is good but I hear it can be much better. But the problem is I don't know what mods to put on it or which mods are reliable. As of now I have a K&N CAI but everything else is stock. If you can help in any way please do! ImageUploadedByAG Free1399988476.799619.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Welcome Original! There is plenty you can do to your car to give it the umph it (you) needs.

Here's a quick little break down on the must haves and if you want more detail check out the link in my sig about V6 performance for more in depth information.

• CAI (which you already have so you're ahead of the game!)
  • Dual Exhaust (You can use an old R/T if you're just wanting the looks but if you really want to try to get every little bit of performance out you should go aftermarket or customize an R/T exhaust)
  • Tuner (The majority rules that DiabloSport tuner is the way to go, you can get a completely custom tune or you can tweak it yourself, data log, and all that good stuff)
  • Headers (Only ones I know of is JBA)
  • Supercharger (This is when you're getting serious, Tidal Wave is a good brand.

There you go! The first three are pretty much must haves to get the basic essentials to lose some of that lag and get more pep back into your V6. Trust me the tuner is a must have for any 3.5L Charger. There is plenty more you can do with suspension and all that but I don't have too much knowledge in that area, take your time and look around the forum and be sure to check out our supporting vendors for all your goodies :driving:

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I heard a lot of good things about TidalWave superchargers but how much do they cost? And are they a good price and performance when compared to other superchargers?

I think the base product is like $3K and goes up from there depending on which one you get. As for comparison to others I have no idea, all I know is that one of the fastest 3.5L V6 guy is a member on here and he uses the top of the line Tidal Wave.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the different stages up supercharger, if you purchase stage 1 do you need to buy completely different supercharger to go to a different stage? Or can you just buy the additional parts that come with another stage?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
With the different stages up supercharger, if you purchase stage 1 do you need to buy completely different supercharger to go to a different stage? Or can you just buy the additional parts that come with another stage?

That question is probably better left for the Tidal Wave company to answer. I'd contact them if you had any questions regarding their superchargers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts