Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
black steering wheel audio control buttons from the 07 model Chargers. Mine are silver, but 07's use black. Do you have these Ted? Can I get them from you?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
hey tby i've been wanting some of these myself! the last couple days i've been looking and havent had any luck. i was thinking about painting the steering wheel inserts gomango and then having black buttons. i think it would look awesome with the black leather and orange stitching. is this similar to what u were planning? let me know if u find them!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats exactly what I was planning! I already did the lower inserts yellow, but I cant seem to remove the top ones, and even if the top inserts come out I dont want a yellow and black wheel with silver buttons. Maybe mine need to stress out ....

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I like the silver buttons for an inferno car...........but you are rite about yellow looking bad.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so MPSC, anything? Any luck? I know I can order them from the dealer, but I dont wanna. lol

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I painted the inserts, but now the silver buttons look ridiculously dumb, and I am ready to paint them black and to he77 with not being able to see what they say or light up or anything. grrrrr....

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump for black buttons! Please I would so much rather send my money to TED and MPSC than to chopper and the stealership. I just need black steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
what i've concluded is that the best way to get them is to crack your silver buttons and take it in to have the buttons replaced and ask them to put the black ones in (under warranty). i cant find any other way to get them.

tby- whats the best way to get the inserts out? and put them back in? are they glued in?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the lower ones have 4 clips, 2 on top and 2 on bottom. Insert a credit card on top and botom and the lift right out. For the tops, use a 10mm socket to remove the air bag assembly. The bolts are about an inch long. Once they are out the air bag lifts right up. Then use a screwdriver and push it under the switch assemblies and......pry. POP out the come. The trim around the switch does not as far as I can tell come off, so you have to tape over the switches, and paint the surrounding trim. Mine came out looking ok, other than a black steering wheel with yellow inserts and silver grrrrr buttons.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The only PT# in the system shows fitting 2004 - 2008 models. We do not have a choice of colors listed. We are looking into these trying to find the black ones.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
the lower ones have 4 clips, 2 on top and 2 on bottom. Insert a credit card on top and botom and the lift right out. For the tops, use a 10mm socket to remove the air bag assembly. The bolts are about an inch long. Once they are out the air bag lifts right up. Then use a screwdriver and push it under the switch assemblies and......pry. POP out the come. The trim around the switch does not as far as I can tell come off, so you have to tape over the switches, and paint the surrounding trim. Mine came out looking ok, other than a black steering wheel with yellow inserts and silver grrrrr buttons.
thanks a lot tby! this is why i love the chargerforums! so much knowledge about the car...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I found the black buttons with a silver bezel

PT# UZ561ZAAD - MSRP $53.95 - Sale $42.06
PT# UZ571ZAAD - MSRP $32.85 - Sale $25.61
ugh i feel retarded asking all these questions, but how the crap do i order these?! i went to your website and put in the part number and it couldnt find nething! i'm really glad you found them though :nervous s

i even put the numbers into google and it couldnt find nething lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts