Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i’ve been searching the internet and cannot find much information on LSD for the AWD charger. I own a 2011 Rt max awd and i’ve been wanting to upgrade the cars performance bit by bit. So far i want to get a Limited Slip Diff but i’m not sure as to what else needs to be upgraded by doing so.. An example would be like if i was to upgrade the cam, i’d probably want to change out lifters and all that surrounding basically. What about a differential?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
What's an LSD going to do to improve an AWD car?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
check out my instagram and you’ll see what i’m talking about. twone_rt. for sure doing one wheel peels my guy. using a tazer to lock my AWD to RWD and only get one wheel spins…. so yes. i am doing peels in a awd bud..
If you're disabling the AWD then sure. Not really doing one wheel peels in an AWD if your disconnecting the front wheels.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
I'm just chuckling at the whole concept of boasting about spinning a single wheel.

This place is becoming a clown show. "Yo, check out mah instragramz, yo."

Please....

How far the mighty have fallen.

Best,

·
Registered
62 Posts
What's an LSD going to do to improve an AWD car?
My driveway is a bit uneven. And pulling in at an angle in one spot lifts one rear wheel off the ground (Pursuit suspension).

Can't back up or go forward, the rear tire in the air just spins.

LSD would improve my AWD 5.7 Pursuit. I'm seriously looking at options; I do need to replace both differentials and both driveshafts.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
My driveway is a bit uneven. And pulling in at an angle in one spot lifts one rear wheel off the ground (Pursuit suspension).

LSD would improve my AWD 5.7 Pursuit. I'm seriously looking at options; I do need to replace both differentials and both driveshafts.
You could save yourself thousands by just pulling in head on.

• Haha
Reactions: John Kloehr

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I'm just chuckling at the whole concept of boasting about spinning a single wheel.

This place is becoming a clown show. "Yo, check out mah instragramz, yo."

Please....

How far the mighty have fallen.

Best,

I don't get it. These last 6 months seem like nothing but idiots. I often contemplate not even posting here anymore because I am a jerk. It used to be Charger talk. Now it's just answering stupid questions like this. Doing one wheel peels in an AWD. What in the world?

I don't have a "Insta" or as my wife says an "IG". If I even did, why TF would I want to watch an AWD Charger doing one wheel peels?

I loved my AWD R/T for what it was, but if your interested in "peeling out" get a RWD car. Not be a jerkoff and **** around with an AWD.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
I don't get it. These last 6 months seem like nothing but idiots. I often contemplate not even posting here anymore because I am so rude. It used to be Charger talk. Now it's just answering stupid questions like this.
I try not to come off as rude, but I'm just a direct person. It reminds me of when we were kids and you'd be in a bar ordering drinks and somehow everyone just "knew" you were underage (was easier when I was a kid because the drinking age was 18). No matter what you said, they just knew. It's those little cues....like "yo, how do I make it so that I can get a wheel to spin and impress the high school chicks?"

:)

Just sayin.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts

Buy a car with actual working all wheel drive. The system in the Charger (pursuit or not) will definitely "leave you hanging" if you wind up with a wheel in the air. It will send all power there and you'll be going nowhere. One of the reasons why I always used to like the Audi torsen mechanical diffs. As long as you had ONE wheel with traction, it would grab.

Best,

·
Registered
62 Posts
You could save yourself thousands by just pulling in head on.
Your reply is laugh-worthy. [On edit: Genuine laugh given! I did genuinely and happily laugh.]

Pull in head-on? Not possible, the land twists. And I go other places with uneven ground. LSD would be a plus since I would not have to maintain enough speed to roll past the bumps.

And as to one-wheel peels mentioned by others, this car absolutely hooks and digs in and grabs and goes with no squeal or drama at all otherwise on the open road. Love it! Can see no reason except maybe fuel economy to disable AWD; I get 19.4 unless I'm having fun, only 14.9 if I'm having a lot of fun.

IMO, LSD and the right tires would also make this car into a low-speed winter-slush monster.

·
Registered
62 Posts
... the Audi torsen mechanical diffs ...
Agree, if only there was a viable retrofit. My budget is the dealership driveline replacement cost. I hate the delay I experienced with an Audi transmission. Drove 500 miles in "commute" mode. the transmission learned my driving style and it took seconds to decide to downshift when I floored the gas; the NAG1 at least knows I mean it, and I mean it NOW!.

Overall, I really am liking this Pursuit, including the Pursuit seats. I carry OWB at 3 o'clock, and the seats do not interfere.

I'm seriously trying to find out what I can do to add LSD. I know a few folks managed to pull it off. I need a driveline anyway.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
Agree, if only there was a viable retrofit. My budget is the dealership driveline replacement cost. I hate the delay I experienced with an Audi transmission. Drove 500 miles in "commute" mode. the transmission learned my driving style and it took seconds to decide to downshift when I floored the gas; the NAG1 at least knows I mean it, and I mean it NOW!.

Overall, I really am liking this Pursuit, including the Pursuit seats. I carry OWB at 3 o'clock, and the seats do not interfere.

I'm seriously trying to find out what I can do to add LSD. I know a few folks managed to pull it off. I need a driveline anyway.
I suspect you are in for some disappointment. I wish you luck.

Best,

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
So i’m guessing you don’t have the answer to my original question??
No, but if you search here or just Google, it has been asked before. Not sure if anyone has actually done it though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts