Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my SE doesn't have a spolier :nervous s and wanted to buy one for it. I see on the mopar website they cost $201 which is okay I guess. If I buy it and have it shipped to my home is it easy to install or should I take my car to the dealer and have them install it. What is my best option and how much should I expect to pay if they install it?

Thanks for the help in advance!:grin:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Easy install. If you are in SouthEast PA I'll give you a hand. If not, I can talk/walk/type you through it. 4 holes...one socket, 2 drill bits, planning and preparation make the whole thing go smoothly.

·
Registered
430 Posts
HeHe...I can save you some money on that spoiler!!

I've been waiting for a chance to use this pic!! (just for laughs, don't take anything personal)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Well my SE doesn't have a spolier :nervous s and wanted to buy one for it. I see on the mopar website they cost $201 which is okay I guess. If I buy it and have it shipped to my home is it easy to install or should I take my car to the dealer and have them install it. What is my best option and how much should I expect to pay if they install it?

Thanks for the help in advance!:grin:
Be very careful with that $201 spoiler ... it's actually a lip spoiler for the trunk lid of a Chrysler 300 ... it will NOT fit a Charger.

I got mine from www.wooddashexperts.com and am very happy with it. Lightweight, the color match is perfect, and the install went great.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Easy install. If you are in SouthEast PA I'll give you a hand. If not, I can talk/walk/type you through it. 4 holes...one socket, 2 drill bits, planning and preparation make the whole thing go smoothly.
Exactly, this install is a good do-it-yourselfer...measure twice (ok, maybe like 6 times just to be sure), drill once and you're done! Good luck!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
The local dealer told me the SRT8 rear spoiler is $790 plus paint and installation, so I can't see how that site would sell it that much cheaper ...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mopar websites Description reads

"Stylish Rear Spoiler enhance the vehicle's appearance. Spoiler is molded from reinforced composite materials for added strength. Designed exclusively to match the lines of the vehicle for a more sporty appearance.

Add Part # Name Description Price

82210132 Spoiler, Rear Brillant Black (AXR) $201.00
82210133 Spoiler, Rear Bright Silver (AX2) $201.00
82210135 Spoiler, Rear Prime $201.00
82209874 Spoiler, Rear Matte Black, Daytona R/T style production spoiler $415.00 "

·
Registered
964 Posts

"Stylish Rear Spoiler enhance the vehicle's appearance. Spoiler is molded from reinforced composite materials for added strength. Designed exclusively to match the lines of the vehicle for a more sporty appearance.

82209874 Spoiler, Rear Matte Black, Daytona R/T style production spoiler $415.00 "

that part number is for the Chrysler 300... i looked it up on moparsupercenter..

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/rear-spoiler8221spl.html

this is the right part number http://www.moparsupercenter.com/spoiler-daytona-style-charger-rear.html

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

Take one of them $201 part numbers to your local dealer ... see what they tell you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked it up through the Dodge website and the exact picture of the charger that is on the mopar superstore site is showing up on the dodge website. Go to dodge.com click on owners, then click on owners and go to parts and accessories click on Charger and exterior accessories. It's there somewhere the sites are messed up then.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I looked it up through the Dodge website and the exact picture of the charger that is on the mopar superstore site is showing up on the dodge website. Go to dodge.com click on owners, then click on owners and go to parts and accessories click on Charger and exterior accessories. It's there somewhere the sites are messed up then.
Google the part number; it is indeed a 300 part. There was a discussion about this a while ago, and people ordered it and received the wrong part. It's been incorrect for a while.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

See, I didn't just "look it up" ..... I went to the dealer and even after the parts guy said that it was a 300 spoiler, I had to see the Mopar catalog myself and sure enough, right there it said that the part number I was looking up was meant for the Chrysler 300.

Buy as many as you want but if you have a Charger it won't fit ....

Google the part number; it is indeed a 300 part. There was a discussion about this a while ago, and people ordered it and received the wrong part. It's been incorrect for a while.

Exactly.

·
Registered
964 Posts
check my post on the first page.. i already looked it up.. and that $201 spoiler is not the right one...

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can buy it through the dealer for $1 cheaper, but they will charge you 600 for install and paint. Thats the rip I got when I got my car with no spoiler, so I got one put on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts