Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2018 Dodge Charger RT scatpack and I can’t use the sos or the assist button, the volume knob where you adjust volume, the button in the middle that says power just shuts off my screen so I can’t even do a reset of the Uconnect. I also just paid for Uconnect services so I can track my car and turn it on and off with my phone as well as lock but nothing works and the car isn’t responding! When I hit activate calls so I can make a call to SiriusXM it won’t go through :( and when I press assist it tells me to activate it and when I do it just takes me back to the same screen. Also if I press S.O.S it just says right after “ call can not be completed, call 911”. I’m very frustrated and if anyone could help that’ll be great!! I’m about to take it to a dodge dealership and say fix your car or give me a new one!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Matt:
Welcome to the forum. The HVAC/radio screen system in both the Chargers and Durangos have had some problematic years. '18s are known for things like you are seeing, as well as screen delamination. You might try a battery disconnect reset, and see if that helps.
Remove the negative battery terminal, depress the brake pedal 30 seconds, then reconnect and see what you have.

If there is no improvement, I would get it back to the dealer asap. Hopefully you have some level of warranty on it.
How many miles are on it?

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt:
Welcome to the forum. The HVAC/radio screen system in both the Chargers and Durangos have had some problematic years. '18s are known for things like you are seeing, as well as screen delamination. You might try a battery disconnect reset, and see if that helps.
Remove the negative battery terminal, depress the brake pedal 30 seconds, then reconnect and see what you have.

If there is no improvement, I would get it back to the dealer asap. Hopefully you have some level of warranty on it.
How many miles are on it?

Don
It has 25580 miles on it!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
You are under 36k. What is your Charger's in service date? If 3 years have passed, then the bumper to bumper warranty is expired. When did you take possession of it, and was there any warranty in the paperwork for it?

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are under 36k. What is your Charger's in service date? If 3 years have passed, then the bumper to bumper warranty is expired. When did you take possession of it, and was there any warranty in the paperwork for it?

Don
Yes I still have the warranty, I bought a extended warranty bumper to bumper. I tried the restart you said and it worked to reset but now the performance pages won’t load and it didn’t fix anything :(

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
In that case, I would be off to the dealer, and let them wrangle with it. The system pieces are not cheap. Let us know how it turns out.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In that case, I would be off to the dealer, and let them wrangle with it. The system pieces are not cheap. Let us know how it turns out.

Don
I don’t need to go to the dealer I bought it from right? I can go to any dealership in my area because I bought this car at a dealer that’s 4 hours away.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Correct:

The selling dealer is usually the best bet, if you feel like they treated you well, but in your case, them being 4 hours away is not amenable to go back.
Hopefully, you purchased the factory backed MVP plan, and not a 3rd party plan.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct:

The selling dealer is usually the best bet, if you feel like they treated you well, but in your case, them being 4 hours away is not amenable to go back.
Hopefully, you purchased the factory backed MVP plan, and not a 3rd party plan.

Don
I did buy a 3rd party warranty? Is that bad?! :/

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
It's not good. Depending on what you bought, I would consider canceling it, and getting a proper MVP policy. That may be an issue if you financed the cost of it. Many dealers prefer to sell the 3rd party crap because the make more money up front. The 3rd party companies can be here today, and gone tomorrow. They also are more inclined to play games, and deny, deny, deny coverage because they don't want to pay out.
What warranty company is your warranty from? It might cover your issue(s), but filing a claim may also affect what type of refund you can get.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not good. Depending on what you bought, I would consider canceling it, and getting a proper MVP policy. That may be an issue if you financed the cost of it. Many dealers prefer to sell the 3rd party crap because the make more money up front. The 3rd party companies can be here today, and gone tomorrow. They also are more inclined to play games, and deny, deny, deny coverage because they don't want to pay out.
What warranty company is your warranty from? It might cover your issue(s), but filing a claim may also affect what type of refund you can get.

Don
It’s a warranty called “ the mechanic “ and I can’t find anything about it online.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Was this a bona fide Dodge dealer, or some mom and pop shop? I would be getting out the paperwork you should have gotten re the warranty, and see what your options are to get out of it? Sounds like a bad, bad, deal. Especially if there is no online reference to it. Even Car Shield has online crap, and I would not touch that with a 10 foot pole.
If you have some extra time to kill some day, Google Warranty Gold. They started out as a bona fide operation, until they stopped putting aside money to pay claims. I was a lucky customer, and got 3 x my money from the WG policy. Many others did not, and lost sizeable chunks.

Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was this a bona fide Dodge dealer, or some mom and pop shop? I would be getting out the paperwork you should have gotten re the warranty, and see what your options are to get out of it? Sounds like a bad, bad, deal. Especially if there is no online reference to it. Even Car Shield has online crap, and I would not touch that with a 10 foot pole.
If you have some extra time to kill some day, Google Warranty Gold. They started out as a bona fide operation, until they stopped putting aside money to pay claims. I was a lucky customer, and got 3 x my money from the WG policy. Many others did not, and lost sizeable chunks.

Don
It’s a company named assurant and I did find some more stuff about them online and they seem legit but I took my charger to a dodge dealership near me and they said they’ll replace the entire radio and make sure everything is good and works, they also excepted the 3rd party warranty I have and I only have to pay 250 for deductible

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Matt:
Glad to hear you have some good progress. Let us know how it all goes.

Don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts