Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found myself sitting lane to lane with a newer Hyundai coupe this evening. A young kid was reving next to me (very high RPMs) at the light, windows down, with Ozzy booming out of his stereo. I knew he was over matched , but my son (15) was sitting with me and said I should take him. After a quick scan for our local law enforcement, I let him jump me at the line, but proceeded to smoke him for about 500 yards (a good 12 car lengths). I could hear his engine really hitting the higher rpms and then I heard (it's hard to describe in words) a "boom". I looked back in the mirror, and the Hyundai was engulfed in smoke. I'm figuring he either threw a rod or blew a head gasket. He was braking hard, and didn't even get to the next light before he ground to a halt. My son and I turned around and checked on the guy, he was ok, but the car was hemorrhaging fluids. He was despondent and said he didn't need any help but seemed more worried about how to report to the incident to the parental units...

Sometimes it I hurts being young and stupid, but most us feel his pain. Let's see how that Hyundai 100K warranty kicks in after this...

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Ah, the lessons learned in youth...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
wow that is the best story yet....the charger made another car fall apart. i sure do hope he didn't say "well, i was racing and it just blew up"....i can't believe it didn't have a rev. limiter on it that cut the engine off instead of allowing it to tach to high and blow like that.....that would suck big time. feel for the kid, but still got to laugh hard on that one.

and see peer pressure can go up....damn you for listening to your 15 year old son (my 12 does it to me all the time - "take him dad").....lmao still

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoDaddy -

I'm already having to have talks with him about family disclosure.

"There's no need to tell your mother about this..." Once he figures out I need him for alibis, I'm in trouble.

DallasRT

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
oh yeah = what happens in the car, stays in the car....and oh by the way - do as i say and not as i do...lol i have had that talk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts