Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's my situation. Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Chrysler, Jeep...all easily within my reach and grasp. All offer great deals right now, but that's neither here nor there. Cuz, this forum isn't about the aformentioned companies is it? NO! It's about Dodge. So, I was building a BRAND STANKING NEW Charger RT with R&T package and side curtain airbags, right? I'm going along cool. Now, I always put down about 1500-3000 down when getting a car. Just a rule I have I guess cuz it's what I'd like my customers to do. Makes life so much easier. Anywho, I have this 2005 Mazda6i sitting around, paid off (not really a fan of negative equity if I can avoid it), that's worth about 12k with it's options (pretty snazzy, but it ain't no charger). So, I figure I give buttseks room for the dealer just in case they wanted to eff me in the a...you know, I'm a flexible guy, no ****. Price the Mazda at 9k. AND, to make things worse, I put NO money down. So, first, I do a buy. I figure, ehhh, what they hay. I'd be buying it (even though savvy business sense says if I wanna keep it, a Lease normally bills out better, but we'll get to that). Anywho, so I do a buy on my RT and it comes out to, with NO money down, just on trade from my Mazda, with a 8.9% APR rate (which is rediculously high for my credit score), it bills out a 398/month. Now, same scenario, with a lease for 36 months, I'm at 290/mo. I'm not even going to tell you what an SXT billed out at for me. I almost ish'd a brick in my pants. I know, you're probably like "that's sounds GREAT, Driftsucky. What is the problem?" Well, I'll tell you, Being that I work for my Dad (albeit indirectly, but still at one of his dealerships), and we live in the same state, and occassionally see each other for Sunday brunch, cookouts, holidays, family reunions, and things of the like, it would make for these encounters to be hella awkward if I were to pull up in his driveway with a car from ANOTHER dealership. Now, he can get used ones, but I mean, REALLY...that's an outstanding price for a NEW one with everything I want. And, while I would LOVE to take advantage of this deal...oh..wait, did I add that a guy that used to work for my Dad (friend of the family...sort of...but not really cuz he left on sort of bad-ish terms but still likes and respects us and whatnot...kinda watched me grow up and..oka..TMI) is a GM at a local Dodge Dealership and can get me that oh so scrumptious "family pricing"? Yeah. Just take the knife and stick it in a bit further. Yeah. Just like that....mmmgggghhhh twist that blade right on in there....So, like I was saying, I would LOVE to get in on this juicy goodness handed down from the gods of equity, but I can't...cuz between my Dad and a Charger, a ch...I mean, my Dad will win out every time. Matter of fact, my Father's Day present is going to be NOT getting a new Charger.

That's cuz I love you Dad. :grin:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
A little A.D.D in the post and all ended with no Charger, HMM your pops would prob have understood, buisness is buisness....Good for you though if it would have caused prob best to be the bigger man!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Weeeelllllllllll, I work for the competition, LOL!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Try PROZAC

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah man screw that its your life, I'm pretty sure your dad would understand you not wanting a GM car. If not then you have to, or he has to learn to A. accept your taste or B. Sell Dodges. I say get the Charger bro whats the ole man gonna do? you only live once.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All valid points. I'm going to get the Charger. I mean, he has a Chrysler dealership, so I can't get a brand new one, but Ima get one. And he knows it. I just wish he had a Dodge dealership so I could get a new one. But, I don't really like the 4 speed on 08's anyway. So, I guess it works out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts