Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my dealer about my dismay over the time before my car would be built... looks like September. I asked what he had comming in that was close to the car I wanted.

He said I have a Go ManGo Daytona comming in around the 28th. I said I'll take it. Hes going to call as soon as it gets in. Now im happy. Im just glad the dealer told me about it, and that I can get it. Yes he is making money, but he is helping me out.

Of course this is if it has all the options I want.. anyone got a Daytona that didn't haev the DVD system or are they pretty much loaded?

edward

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
AFcharger said:
I called my dealer about my dismay over the time before my car would be built... looks like September. I asked what he had comming in that was close to the car I wanted.

He said I have a Go ManGo Daytona comming in around the 28th. I said I'll take it. Hes going to call as soon as it gets in. Now im happy. Im just glad the dealer told me about it, and that I can get it. Yes he is making money, but he is helping me out.

edward

Congrats Edward....

I just got off the phone with DCX....

my order with the protection group is now back to BG..

however my order without the protection group is in D status... and I have a VIN #.... scheduled to be built the week of the 15th in August...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone with a Daytona..... what options did you have on the car. I'm asking because I assume most (or all) with Daytonas at this point didn't order them but bought them off a lot.

I want it loaded (NAV, convience group, etc) and the dealer didn't have what was on it in front of him. Just kinda curious what has come on your Daytonas.

edward

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a Daytona on order (was supposed to ship today...now it's Wednesday). I ordered it on 6/8. I only upgraded to the 6-disk changer and 325W amp. There's another dealership in town (I have to drive by it every day and torture myself) that has a Daytona on the lot...

It has the moon roof, upgraded sound system, and Convenience Package. (They told me it was sold...yet 5 days later it's still on their lot.)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
AFcharger said:
Anyone with a Daytona..... what options did you have on the car. I'm asking because I assume most (or all) with Daytonas at this point didn't order them but bought them off a lot.

I want it loaded (NAV, convience group, etc) and the dealer didn't have what was on it in front of him. Just kinda curious what has come on your Daytonas.

edward
out of 13 daytona's my dealer has on order.... only 4 have Nav... and 2 of those are my orders....

the ones he has on order range from fully loaded with Nav and rear DVD player, to no option at al Daytona's....

I would just find out what they have coming exact... because some they order, some DCX optioned out for them to take... and some are customer orders..
(the ones DCX optioned out for them to take are more loaded then the ones they ordered for themselves....)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just find out what they have coming exact... because some they order, some DCX optioned out for them to take... and some are customer orders..
This would be their first Daytona, so Im hoping its fully loaded (and would assume it would be their DCX option). I'm going to have to call back and check tomorrow.

edward

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ordered my Daytona "Go Man Go" on 7/22; all options except Engine Block Heater and Protection group...

I'm told 8wks so that would make it end of Sept :)

Ordered mine out of state so i get to fly an pick it up and then take a fun 12 hour drive home :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See thats what I don't get. Why is it going to take so long for my car? Its been 4 weeks and its not even scheduled. Meaning no August build. That would put my car at about 3 months.

Oh well, if this Daytona has what I want Im going to take it.

edward

·
Registered
245 Posts
My Daytona was ordered with;
Nav System
Electronics Conv Group
U Connect
Smokers Group
I don't smoke, I just wanted to insure that I have a 12V plug-in on the dash, and not just the console.
I have sense been told that without the smokers group, the cig lighter receptical is still there. I can't confirm this because all cars on my dealers lot have smokers group.

Still "D" status - scheduled built week of 8-1.

·
Registered
245 Posts
GREAT ! ! !

I paid $30 for a cig lighter that I'll never use.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes you did... If you delete the option you get a 12V Accessory cap instead of the lighter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
hey Potsie & craxy luck, I ordered my Daytona on 6-13, the only options I added are elec conv group, and sound group II, I have had a vin for 3 weeks. In D status for 2 weeks, still no est ship date. I think you are probably looking closer to 12-16 weeks like most of us. Good luck though, maybe they are building them faster now, than they were when I ordered mine. One thing to remember is even after they are built, they go into a holding area to have the decals put on, they could sit there for a week or more just waiting for that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oh the insanity!!!! I can't stands it no more!!!!! :)

It's like knowing you were going to get the Atari 2600 (way back when) as a present, and not being able to open it!!!!!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
for those of you who have a vin... remember that if you go to http://www.bramptonassembly.com/board/index.php and become a supporting member... you can get updated info on your vin # about every 2nd day (pending your car has hit the line)

·
Registered
225 Posts
...or, if you're cheap like me, you can call DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center @ 1-800-992-1997. That's how I've been getting my updates.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
chewman said:
...or, if you're cheap like me, you can call DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center @ 1-800-992-1997. That's how I've been getting my updates.
yeah, I have been doing that with my VON's.... as it is either DCX customer service or calling the dealer...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I called today and it's on the assembly line right now...was supposed to ship yesterday....was told yesterday that it was shipping tomorrow...now they're saying by the end of the week...I NEED it before Aug. 12th...going on a drive to Jersey...would love to take that, versus my Pacifica.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts