Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not messed with any of my shift points or esp options through my diablo, but i have tripped my limp mode sensor twice now (it gives me a transaxle overspeed error), once in the rain with esp on, and once when it was dry with esp off. Any answers?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
lower your rev limiter. It hits limp mode at 7k, try lowering it to 6400 if your shift point is still stock and see if that fixes it

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lower your rev limiter. It hits limp mode at 7k, try lowering it to 6400 if your shift point is still stock and see if that fixes it
Yeah, I will try that. The only rev limiter I messed with was the limiter in neutral because I wanted to get a little more out of my engine rev, but that only goes up to 4500 now. 7k to 6400 you say? I will try that, Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
In the rain it's 'easy' to go into limp mode. All you have to do is get the rpms over the limit while the rear wheels are spinning (and your car is going nowhere fast). I've done it a couple of times just for 'fun'.

I have the Predator '93oct w/ cai' tune on my 07 Daytona. But I haven't changed any of the rev limiter or shift firmness settings.

I've never been able to go in to limp mode in the dry... but then I have really sticky summer tires on my car, so the rear never breaks free enough to go in to limp.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yea in the rain it will always do it because the rpms jump up to fast. During normal driving you shouldnt ever hit it, esp if oyu lower hte limiter, because limp mode is when the tranny sees 7k

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
set your shift point at 6000 for a stock motor
(or 6400, im assuming you think you need to shift higher...)

and set your rev limiter to 6650 or 6700
if you still limp mod
set your rev limiter to 6750

shift point (whatever you want, 6000, 6400)
rev limiter 6750

you wont have that problem any more

--

please, please please dont raise your rev limit in P/N. thats begging for valve train damage.
your spinning that motor way to fast with no load on it and you can easil float a valve.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
set your shift point at 6000 for a stock motor
(or 6400, im assuming you think you need to shift higher...)

and set your rev limiter to 6650 or 6700
if you still limp mod
set your rev limiter to 6750

shift point (whatever you want, 6000, 6400)
rev limiter 6750

you wont have that problem any more

--

please, please please dont raise your rev limit in P/N. thats begging for valve train damage.
your spinning that motor way to fast with no load on it and you can easil float a valve.
yeah, i have not changed the stock shift points. only changed the rev limiter in neutral before this happened, i changed the rev limiter to 6400 in drive and we will see what happens...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts