Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to wait until I purcahsed my Charger before I made my 1st post but that may be awhile now. I just went to the Dodge website and saw that they updated it to the 08 and that they no longer offer the 3.5 engine with the SE. OUCH! I will not buy the 2.7 and will have a hard time affording the SXT with the 3.5. Especially now that the rebate offer is only $500.

So I turn to you forum members for some advise. I know that they will probably raise the rebate offer but how long will I have to wait for them to do that? The extra time will allow me to save some more money but I have already been waiting a year.

Thanks.

By the way I LOVE this site!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
doesnt matter what the site says
goto a dealer and they will have a 2007 SE with the 3.5

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hold out and buy a Hemi man...im not tryin to be an ass or anything, but you'll regret not stepping up.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
it depends on how old you are and your driving record for insurance. but the hemi if you keep your foot out of it [YEA RIGHT!] WILL GET ABOUT THE SAME GAS MILAGE AS THE 3.5. next month you should see crazy sales on the 07's. it happens every year from oct to dec.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My other problem is that I was planning on using this years tax returns on the down. Will there be 07's available in say March?

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you're planning on waiting till March to purchase then it's a bit premature to be worrying about the rebates.

I would think the price difference between the two different engines would be minimal and not enough to make or break a deal.

If you're dead set on buying a new one then save what you can between now and March. If you want to upgrade you could always consider a used one with very low mileage and there are a lot of them available. I've had mine for a year and have 6,000 very gentle miles on it (not for sale at this point, just an example).

Good luck....hopefully in March you can post pics of your new pride and joy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the encouragement. I am pretty set on getting a new one especially with that lifetime warranty. I have owned 2 Dodge's in the past and I wasn't to pleased with their performance. But for the Charger I am willing to make an exception.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
you can always check dealers when you get your rebate. you might be able to find an 07 sitting around somewhere. Just a thought. The '06 Chargers can have the lifetime warranty bought for an additional $750, just a thought. I'm actually going to check into it today.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
you can always check dealers when you get your rebate. you might be able to find an 07 sitting around somewhere. Just a thought. The '06 Chargers can have the lifetime warranty bought for an additional $750, just a thought. I'm actually going to check into it today.
Only if you're the first owner. Once it's considered used you can't get that lifetime warranty anymore.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Use the tools on the Dodge website to locate a car that suites your needs from one of the other nearby dealers.
There should be a lot of '07 SEs w/ 3.5L engines out there.

Actually, I can't believe the dealer will not do this for you.
When I bought my wife a ford windstar, (no cracks from the peanut gallery please) we knew exactly what options/color we wanted. They located an exact match sitting on a lot about 200 miles away. The dealer literally had one of his gofers drive down a windstar from his lot to the dealer 200 miles away and trade windstars with them (it was arranged in advance before the drive began).

I don't know if Dodge does that, but it was much quicker than ordering the vehicle.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i would go for a tiburon, an honda civic, or something smaler rather than a non hemy dodge, if you want to buy a charger, try to go at less for a RT, i dont see the point buying such big car without power. parts and upgrades are gonna be expencive, you will pay for a rear spolier $400, thousands for your 22', upgrades in smaller cars are cheaper. and gas for your 3500 pounds
my point is if you are thinking in your tax returns to downpay something, why you dont think in something cheaper,
and please, i love dodges, and will love if you join our community, just talking to you like a big brother

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Use the tools on the Dodge website to locate a car that suites your needs from one of the other nearby dealers.
There should be a lot of '07 SE w/ 3.5L engines out there.

Actually, I can't believe the dealer will not do this for you.
When I bought my wife a ford windstar, (no cracks from the peanut gallery please) we knew exactly what options/color we wanted. They located an exact match sitting on a lot about 200 miles away. The dealer literally had one of his gofers drive down a windstar from his lot to the dealer 200 miles away and trade windstars with them (it was arranged in advance before the drive began).

I don't know if Dodge does that, but it was much quicker than ordering the vehicle.
Jeep dealer did the same for me, only farther, almost 4 hours away.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Find the closest dealership on dodge.com. Email one of the sales person and have him locate exactly what your looking for. I did this for the 07 charger and got what I wanted after about 20 emails. The dealer found what i was looking for at a dealership an hour away. Once I made a deal with my local dealership...the sales man picked up the car and brought it to the local dealership where I picked it up.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i would go for a tiburon, an honda civic, or something smaler rather than a non hemy dodge, if you want to buy a charger, try to go at less for a RT, i dont see the point buying such big car without power. parts and upgrades are gonna be expencive, you will pay for a rear spolier $400, thousands for your 22', upgrades in smaller cars are cheaper. and gas for your 3500 pounds
my point is if you are thinking in your tax returns to downpay something, why you dont think in something cheaper,
and please, i love dodges, and will love if you join our community, just talking to you like a big brother
I have to disagree with you. Alot of people want the charger for the looks and dont care about performance. Not everyone wants to haul A$$ around town everywhere. Not only that if you can only afford a V6 and you really like the charger then get the V6.

Also a spoiler will not cost you $400 bucks!!! I dont know where you shop, but I just got my R/T spoiler in the mail today and it only cost $125.00. Shop around there are alot of deals out there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The thing is I really dont "need" a new car right now. I currently have a small car that gets terrific gas mileage and is dependable. But I WANT a charger. Never in my life has a car called to me the way this one does. I am a 30 year old father of 6 and the HEMI is just out of the question. I want to be able to get a Charger and still be able to feed my children.

Thank you all for your responses! I contacted a dealer yesterday and they were pretty confident that I should still be able to find a 07 in February and at probably a better cost.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you really want it....

If you really want the car, get it. I work for Mopar and will give you my friends discount if you like. I believe I have one more left that's actually better than the friends discount. It gives the same discount that I would get when buying a vehicle, up to around a $2500.00 discount. If you're serious, PM me and I'll get you squared away. Always looking to help out someone when I can.
Daren

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
The thing is I really dont "need" a new car right now. I currently have a small car that gets terrific gas mileage and is dependable. But I WANT a charger. Never in my life has a car called to me the way this one does. I am a 30 year old father of 6 and the HEMI is just out of the question. I want to be able to get a Charger and still be able to feed my children.

Thank you all for your responses! I contacted a dealer yesterday and they were pretty confident that I should still be able to find a 07 in February and at probably a better cost.
I picked up my '06 R/T in February of '07 at a pretty substantial discount. As long as you're flexible about exactly what color/options you want, finding an '07 in February/March of '08 isn't even remotely going to be a problem.

Best,

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Ritz! That is the answer I was hoping to hear. I am hoping to find a black one but your right I probably wont be able to be to picky.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts