Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone gives a sh!t, I just got my system installed today. Two 10in Rockford Fosgates, R. Fosgate capacitor, PPI PCX-1250, and a whole lot of Dynamat...

It hits so freaking hard....

Oh yeah, btw...I am a 30 yr old white dude with tats all over...so to break the sterotype of what type of people run around bassin' it...I guess I am the anomaly. I listen to metal for the most part though... :rockon:

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I awaken from my drunken slumber...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome! Now where the hell are the pics? Nothing like the sound of a double kick bass drum blaring through a couple of good subs!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Real music sounds better through hifi car audio systems than the kind of non-music rap **** you typically hear.

Ever hear Social Distortion through some nice Pioneers and 2 10" kenwoods @ around 1000W? It's almost as good as being there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
epoch said:
Real music sounds better through hifi car audio systems than the kind of non-music rap **** you typically hear.

Ever hear Social Distortion through some nice Pioneers and 2 10" kenwoods @ around 1000W? It's almost as good as being there.

I agree, Real music sounds wonderful through a hi fi system, including the real music genre of rap and hip hop. If you dont like a certain type of music of course it won't sound as good to you. Like alternative doesn't sound as good through a hi fi system as real music does to me. Ever hear Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001 through some nice 3 way MB Quarts and 2 12" Rockford Fosgates @ around 800W RMS? Try it out. But just because you don't appreciate a whole genre of music, most likely after hearing some mainstream garbage over the radio, doesn't make it not real music, even alternative. It's a personal insult to call what some people do for a living, including me (part time), not real. I would never call your job a non-job even if you do something I don't like, like a door to door salesman. It's still real.

ps, And yes, I've heard Social Distortion through a nice system, sounds tight. I respect all GOOD music, no mater what genre it is, even alternative, just making an example. There is terrible non music sounding material in every genre and good real sounding music in them all too.

I bet that sounds nice tho, dagummit, can't wait to get mine hooked up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Chronic 2001 is a great album! I love that era of rap but unfortunetly I hate the rap nowadays with a few exceptions.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
dagummit said:
I am sorry dude, I can't respect Barbra Streisand as good music...the line must be drawn somewhere...lol :sick:
LOL

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
ditto - big time

·
Registered
202 Posts
a dude covered in tattoos and someone talking about bumpin' social distortion from a system.......my heros.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
pics???????? you have to be awake from your drunken stupor by now....come on before i get in my drunken stupor. :drool: :rockon:

·
Registered
47 Posts
dagummit said:
I am sorry dude, I can't respect Barbra Streisand as good music...the line must be drawn somewhere...lol :sick:
LMAO like i said, i respect GOOD music, even some that i dont like, but i still wouldn't say that Barbra Streisand is "NON-music ****" even tho I think she sounds like garbage. that's her job.

nice lookin setup u got there, bet it sounds even better. congrats, wish i could hear it.

1quick1 said:
Chronic 2001 is a great album! I love that era of rap but unfortunetly I hate the rap nowadays with a few exceptions.
i agree, most of the new music is garbino, not just rap, but everything. there's only a small amount of good music these days (when u talk about mainstream stuff anyways).

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GoofyGuy said:
nice system. Prebuilt but it matches and its clean.

What do you mean pre-built? They built the box on site. I still have to get the box plate puton to make it look seemless to the truck. But I opted to buy CAI first...

·
Registered
403 Posts
dagummit said:
What do you mean pre-built? They built the box on site. I still have to get the box plate puton to make it look seemless to the truck. But I opted to buy CAI first...

hold on there killer I was just saying. It looks prebuilt becuase its the stanard color of the speaker boxes and its not matched in with trim panels.

·
Registered
217 Posts
let me say what i consider something that sounds like nothing else on the planet, try listening to anything from "Kill Em All" by Metallica, or some black sabbath or first few albums by Danzig. Good bass is required for metallica. thats for sure.

·
Banned
183 Posts
nice system. Prebuilt but it matches and its clean.
People say mine looks pre built also, of course its not since its 1 12 with so much air space its crazy... but its so clean, has so much power and is so clear it doesnt matter that there isnt a panel that goes around it to "trim" it in so it doesnt look pre-built. Fact of the matter is...trim rattles!

·
Registered
628 Posts
let me say what i consider something that sounds like nothing else on the planet, try listening to anything from "Kill Em All" by Metallica, or some black sabbath or first few albums by Danzig. Good bass is required for metallica. thats for sure.
I wish there was a way to make vinyl quality portable. My wife just got me 'Appetite For Destruction' on vinyl. That is arguably one of the greatest albums ever made, definately the best debut album ever made. :rockon:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts