Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Installed My CORSA Exhaust Today!!!

Hey everyone, how is it going!? Well I finally installed my CORSA EXHAUST today. Took me right at 4 hours to install, did it in my garage, no help...lost my helper right at game time. Anyway it was hot as SH&T here in Maryland today but I indured the heat, 3 pairs of shorts and 4 t-shirts later I did it!! It was tricky getting the beast up on jack stands and safe but I got her done, next I busted open the 2 CORSA boxes and took inventory, see pic:

All the parts were there so I put the never-sieze on the clamps and proceeded to remove the old exhaust system. Actually it wasn't that bad, I quickly got the drivers side back sections off:

I then proceeded to take off the whole other piece which had no midway clamps to make things easier...after busten up my knuckles pretty good and not being able to get it off by myself I decided to get the sawzall out and I cut the pipe about 10 inches behind the suitcase....I put a jackstand under the suitcase and managed to get the rear passenger section off then I struggled with the suitcase. I ended up getting up underneathwith my head at the clamps and kicked on the suitcase, after about the tenth hit it came off!!! Here is a picture of the system removed:

I then started the install. The removal was about an hour of the old system and three hours to install the new with tweaking the install to insure good clearances with no rattles. First I installed the x-pipe:

Then I installed the driver sides parts and the passenger sides parts:

The instructions were awesome and I also had on hand some of the posts you guys gave me with the TIPS (Thankyou!!)....anyway once everything was installed (1 1/2 hours) I spent the next 1 1/2 hours tightening and tweaking to insure each part was installed to avoid rattles but most important the tips being on center in the back and equidistance in all manners. Man it turned out nice!! Here is the final job:

Well the most exciting part was coming!!! I cleaned up, dropped her down off the jackstands, jumped in the shower - then hit the road!!!!!!! Oh my, my dyno in the seat told me there was a big differance!! At least it felt that way and man the awesome tone of the exhaust when you got on it was just too much!!!! Anyway 40 minutes later I returned happy ear to ear!!!! Tomorrow I'll re-torgue all the clamps....I'm pumped and happy!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Corsa's don't have drone ...they have the RSC technology.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
congrats! have you thought about highflow cats? take care - jimmy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Awesome write up and congrats. Wait till the system breaks in you'll be even happier. Oh and your first start on a cold morning is gonna realllly make you smile. Nice and rauccous when its cool out but mellows back down once it warms the system up. Try not to scare any old drivers by kreeping up next to them and then nailing it.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome write up and congrats. Wait till the system breaks in you'll be even happier. Oh and your first start on a cold morning is gonna realllly make you smile. Nice and rauccous when its cool out but mellows back down once it warms the system up. Try not to scare any old drivers by kreeping up next to them and then nailing it.
DEEZ - hey man nice color car you have there and set up!!! Your exactly right, I pulled up next to an ole gez this morning in a brand new Crown Vic and punched it in second and he almost drove off the road!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
oh man all this exhaust talk is making me go nuts.....my corsa should be in tomorrow or wednesday....I CANT WAIT!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great write up and my wife said for me to do some mod of my own. Exhaust is one of them, were did you buy yours or the best price you have seen?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Great write up and my wife said for me to do some mod of my own. Exhaust is one of them, were did you buy yours or the best price you have seen?
I got my system from AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE.COM for $1167 delivered to my door step. I've been buying stuff from them for years and have never had a problem - call them and ask for a discount - I'll post phone number later this morning...........Phone# 1-866-503-5181

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
looks just like mine, 'cept cleaner... nice job on the install pics..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Got mine from TBYRNE Motorsports, a vendor on this forum... group buy last year for 1100 USD. You just gotta shop around.. maybe there will be another group buy on exhausts on here again.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice job. Is there any drone inside?

Absolutely NONE!!!!! The most unbelievable system I have ever had. Quiet as a whisper during regular cruise'n but man look the H$LL out when you get into it!!!! Well worth the investment and at the same time keeps A-Number-One happy (The Wifey!!!).................

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just got mine for $750 yep thats right..I was going throught the endless pages on ebay for Chrysler 300 parts listing and low and behold it shows up as mopar which is the corsa and noone bid on it ....I got it for the listed price soooooo

Woooooo HOOOOO

Jaybo

1 - 20 of 56 Posts