Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided without a doubt that the Charger is the car for me. I love it, and I want one ASAP! Unfortunately, I can't place an order just yet because I want to drive one with the performance group before I make a final decision on which model to get. There are 14 Dodge dealerships within 25 miles of my home and nobody has one. I was ready to order one sight unseen, but this statement in the Car and Driver review made me a little nervous:

"... if you dwell in a frost-heave state and want to ensure that your Charger remains an all-star long-distance cruiser, you may want to dial back to the standard R/T suspension."

Since I live in Chicago, this definitely applies to me. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to sit back and twirl my thumbs until one of the local dealers calls me to tell me that they have one. :(

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
why don't you find a Daytona Charger to drive (its basically a Charger R/T with the RT package, just a snazzy paintjob and decals)... i think in my searches I've seen at least on e in the Chicagoland area. BTW where are you in chicago? suburbs or the city, i live in Northbrook (northshore suburbs).

-George

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a coincidence! I live in Northbrook as well. The only Daytona I have found so far is at Mancari's Dodge in Des Plaines. When I went in there to take a look at it, they weren't allowing test drives and were charging 10K over sticker for it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think you should go ahead and order with the Road/Track package. If you don't like it when it arives, you can simply ask the dealer to locate one without it, as they are fairly plentiful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts