Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a young grandson, and I occasionally need to put a car seat in my R/T. I've noticed from previous cars that the car seat puts nasty dents into the upholstery, and I didn't want to ruin my new leather seats. I bought one of those pads that go under the car seat to protect the leather seats: they come in gray and black, and they can be purchased for around $19.95 at Baby's R Us or Amazon.com. It's probably one of the best things you can buy to keep your Charger looking new.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...bbs_b_2_1/102-2674605-8064135?v=glance&s=baby

·
Registered
331 Posts
Reading the reviews of the product, there appears to be some controversy about how safe these things are. If it's a choice between protecting my leather or protecting my kids, it's a pretty easy decision to make.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man Thank god I don't need either of these! kids or seat protector! Though I wish there were someting for dogs. I had to transport the dogs to the vet today...hair everywhere. I am about to go and clean now!!! :mad:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
You can also buy 2 thick black bath towel's, fold one several times to thicken it up and place on the seat, do the same with the other one, hold it in place on the seat back, then set the car seat in place making sure all of the frame of the car seat is on the towels, belt it in. The towel's allow you to get a thick barrier between the seat. I did this with both of my kids, when they were kids, :grin: and never had a mark left on my leather. It's also great in case the little one spills something. :biggrin:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any of the problems that the folks who complained about safety had.

The seat fits very snugly, and has not come loose. In fact, it fits as snugly as it did without any kind of seat protection.

·
Registered
113 Posts
gweempose said:
If it's a choice between protecting my leather or protecting my kids, it's a pretty easy decision to make.
Which? Leather?? Just checking!!

:happy:

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
we bought a seat protector/carrier and it doesn't impact the use of the car seat at all. the only thing i have noticed is that the top of seat (headrest for backseat) has an indentation from the upper restraining belt. oh well it is for the safety of my wonderful daughter....now dropping a chocolate cookie...death to the child....hehehehe!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
My wife and I use a special, exclusive unique system to protect the seats in our cars. THe cloth in her station wagon looks like new after 5 years of hauling kids in car seats (they're now 3.5 and 5 years old).

This system is known as "TOWEL" and is available at many retailers. This same patented system can be used to protect the chairs at the kitchen and dining room tables as well. In a pinch, it can even be used as a towel.

·
Banned
113 Posts
I too simply toss down a towel and it works great :) leather on my R/T..... had it in my mustang before that........

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Dutch said:
My wife and I use a special, exclusive unique system to protect the seats in our cars. THe cloth in her station wagon looks like new after 5 years of hauling kids in car seats (they're now 3.5 and 5 years old).

This system is known as "TOWEL" and is available at many retailers. This same patented system can be used to protect the chairs at the kitchen and dining room tables as well. In a pinch, it can even be used as a towel.
Dutch, I've heard of this system. Wasn't it developed by NASA to protect the seats in the space shuttle? It's an acronym for:
Terrifically Obvious Way of Eliminating Litter

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
UA_who said:
Dutch, I've heard of this system. Wasn't it developed by NASA to protect the seats in the space shuttle? It's an acronym for:
Terrifically Obvious Way of Eliminating Litter
If you want to save money, buy the WalMart version. The NASA versions cost about $50,000 ea.

·
Banned
236 Posts
swiater4 said:
Man Thank god I don't need either of these! kids or seat protector! Though I wish there were someting for dogs. I had to transport the dogs to the vet today...hair everywhere. I am about to go and clean now!!! :mad:
At least my daughter doesn't shed :)

btw...there are several dog breeds that don't shed too...:whistle:

We use a towel under the child seat.

·
Banned
113 Posts
put the back seats DOWN so their nails don't scratch the leather... I'd NEVER let a dog ride in my charger..... of course I have a pickup for that kind of thing ;)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I actually have the best way to protect your leather. Dont have kids. Its worked great for 25 years and none of my cars ever had indents from car seats. If you do,however, need to have car seats, I recommend mounting them to a roof-rack on top of the car (or a bike rack on the rear). Not only does this protect your cars interior, but it will cool the little guy off on a hot day. Plus, any drool let out will automatically be transferred to the car behind you. Isnt technology wonderful?

I am, of course, joking. The trunk is the best place for your kids. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I believe I'll be using a black towel for the protector. Do you fold it a few times? Also, are you able to make it sturdy? Lastly, does anyone know if the SRT-8 comes with LATCH anchors? Those things are great, but a p.i.t.a. to undo once you get 'em in there good.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I believe all new cars sold in the US are required by law to have LATCH anchors.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I`m glad my kids are older! :D

11,12, 19! :smile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts