Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much consideration I have traded my Charger for a 2006 SRT10 Ram Truck. My dealer did an even swap and let me sale the mods off it..heads, cam, intake, CAI, B&G Flash...to another member of the Charger forums.

The truck has only 2,300 miles, always garaged and was never driven in the rain. I gained an extra 13 months/15,000 miles of warranty with this trade.

Why did I trade?..The Charger was the first car to get me out of a truck in about 30 yrs....every car I have owned since 1976 has been for my wife...I just bought her what I wanted..but I always bought a truck as my ride....over the last 8 yrs I have bought her what she wanted...I guest that is what got me interested in getting a car...gonna miss the Charger though.:cry:

Dont worry...or maybe you should...I will still be hanging around this forum..

Here are some pictures..

The Charger's new garage till it sells...can you see the 69 Road Runner behind it?

The truck is a numbered limited edition with the Night Runner package. The badge says 87 of 400 but chrysler stopped production before hitting 400. They only made 79 reg cabs and 114 quad cabs with the Night Runner package.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
you dirty boy!
stick around will ya? and those trucks are sweet, the only thing that kept me from getting one was gas mileage and insurance costs, otherwise id be out driving one too

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dirty boy!
stick around will ya? and those trucks are sweet, the only thing that kept me from getting one was gas mileage and insurance costs, otherwise id be out driving one too

I do feel a little naughty...:lol: ... Yep....in the JR beer sense...if ya have to ask how many mpg it gets then you cant afford it...:smoke:

·
Registered
769 Posts
To each his own I guess but congrats on your new ride. Also is it just me or does your old charger look sad in that picture. :sad:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
yea but the gas mileage man. I almost had the srt/10 instead of my daytona but the 9 mpg threw me for a loop. Good luck , hope you love it

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
eh...there is truth to your gas mileage statement TN
but 9 mpg just really threw me as well, that would be WAY to expensive for me to fill up

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eh...there is truth to your gas mileage statement TN
but 9 mpg just really threw me as well, that would be WAY to expensive for me to fill up

Actually it does much better than what it says...I drove the truck back from Dallas.. interstate all the way at 80-90mph...got 17.4 that is better than what my wife's durango gets..........so far around town I have averaged 12.1...the QC version I had only got about 9 around town..

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Damn nice truck, I must say! I'm considering one myself...but I would have to trade my Daytona for it, and I'm not sure that I'm willing to part with my Banana! I've seen some of the engine work that was done on one in person...and that thing was bad ass! Full race cam but they had issues with the idle at first...but it's running sweet and strong. One of those trucks that you could put a million dollars on the dash and the passenger would never be able to grab it on launch! It's a beast! Congrats, TNCharger....you have yourself one hell of a beast!

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
WAIT A MINNIT! :smoke:

Didn't your wife have an SRT-10 truck not long ago? Is this the same truck? Have you been sippin' the joy-juice again? :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

:laugh:

Congrats, Larry. :)

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Hey Mikey, I mean Larry.... :D

Beautiful truck!!! Sorry to hear you traded in the Charger but I'm happy for ya that you got what you really wanted. :)

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn nice truck, I must say! I'm considering one myself...but I would have to trade my Daytona for it, and I'm not sure that I'm willing to part with my Banana! I've seen some of the engine work that was done on one in person...and that thing was bad ass! Full race cam but they had issues with the idle at first...but it's running sweet and strong. One of those trucks that you could put a million dollars on the dash and the passenger would never be able to grab it on launch! It's a beast! Congrats, TNCharger....you have yourself one hell of a beast!
Thanks TB....I understand completely about hesitation of trading your banana....I had a hard time handing the Charger keys to the dealer..:cry: ...BTW...I already have some mods ordered that should get me 600HP+ at the wheels......think FI..:)

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WAIT A MINNIT! :smoke:

Didn't your wife have an SRT-10 truck not long ago? Is this the same truck? Have you been sippin' the joy-juice again? :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

:laugh:

Congrats, Larry. :)

If you would quit sniffing those chemical concoctions and pay attention around here you would know that she had trouble driving the quad cab because it was so long...we traded it for a Durango last December..:rolleyes: ......

Thanks HC....:)

Hey Mikey, I mean Larry.... :D

Beautiful truck!!! Sorry to hear you traded in the Charger but I'm happy for ya that you got what you really wanted. :)
Took me a minute to figure why you called me Mikey..duh...the "beautiful truck" compliment means a lot coming from someone that knows first hand what it is to own a beautiful vehicle..:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
nice looking truck man...very nice

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got a friend thinking about trading his SRT-4 for a used SRT10 Ram. I doubt the truck really gets 9 MPG, unless it is all city, and the driver has a bit of a lead foot. I get 12-14 MPG city in my daytona with a bit of "colorful driving". The difference isn't that big considering it is a truck with 505 horsepower compared to my car with 350.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmmm....

The SRT10 takes to mods well. Those are fast trucks ----
Just that "TRUCKS"....there won't be one that"ll beat ya........

I had a 2006 Quad Cab SRT-10.....fun til you get beat by a SRT8...
jus kiddin..................enjoy...do what makes you happy

Z

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who the hell trades in a SRT8?? :ninja:

jk - Congrats !

I love the SRT10, very tough and sinister and great color choice

....I thought of you as I was posting this thread...BTW...local Ford dealer has a red Roush 427 SC in the paper today for $7K off sticker....I have seen a black one and a red one running around here..the red one lives somewhere near me but i do not know where...awesome looking cars..

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
You barsteward..... I'd rather be G @ Y than loose my Charger! ;)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I was thinking of getting one also.....since gas prices have been going up the last few years, there are plenty of them on dealers lots, with nice prices, as people traded them in for a better mileage vehicle............but, I do mostly city driving, and it would kill me with gas prices.

Your's is an awesome looking truck, and a worthy trade.

Best of luck........

- Mark

1 - 20 of 27 Posts