Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 1 1/2 weeks old and 850 miles on her, my RT cruisin down the highway and bang a rock kicks up from a f'n tractor trailer and dings my windshield. I look and see a small chip in the windshield, so I decide to stop at this glass repair place on my way home from work that I had used before with one of my other cars. They took a look at it and told me that it was too small to repair, that it would not spread, and it was only just a ding in the windshield - which I guess is a good thing. But man it is on the drivers side not smack dab in the middle of my line of vision but close enough to piss me off!!! Anyone have these little dings in your windshields???? Any good home remedies - lol??? If only the warrantly covered rock damage to your windshield - I can wish right!!! :( This sucks!!!

T

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't have any on my TB Daytona yet (knock on wood), but I've surely had to have windshields replaced in other cars because of flying rocks. It sucks bigtime!

I avoid being directly behind 18-wheelers as much as possible, and CERTAINLY avoid being behind dumptrucks at all costs!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I have a couple - not directly in the driver FOV though.

I don't really notice them. Mind you - I'd rather those rocks hit the windscreen than the bodywork! :nervous s

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I don't hate rocks--I hate tractor trailers. My car was a couple of months old when one flew up from a truck that was beside me and hit my rear driver's side door right under the handle. I have a noticeable "chip" that I put touchup paint on. The stupid paint didn't match well. *sigh*

I call it BB's beauty mark. Every girl needs one . . .

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hear your pain man, I've got two in mine. One on the passanger side on one right in front of the rearview mirror. Both were sealed, but I can still see them :( The second one was from a Lambo though, my fault as I tried to catch up to him to check out his ride, he floored it, lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess if you were able to get them sealed then I assume that they were bigger then the one I have because the glass place said they could not do anything about them. Do you think the dealer body shop would be able to do anything about this???

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have a couple - not directly in the driver FOV though.

I don't really notice them. Mind you - I'd rather those rocks hit the windscreen than the bodywork! :nervous s
Huu??

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
thlarock:
I just did a repair on a chip yesterday that was in my line of sight and had bothered me for months. I bought a kit for $29 from girot's garage (www.girotsgarage.com) part number 90201. I bet it is cheaper at a local parts place but I was ordering other stuff anyway.
So, you take a syringe filled with this clear epoxy like material and force it into the chip or crack using this guide. I did an ok job following the directions and got good results. You can still see a slight nick in the area but the chip is most defintely reduced in size. If I were to do it again I would have put in less of the epoxy as I think I overdid it a bit.
You can give this a try. Should work ok for you. I can take pictures but I don't think you'll be able to really see the results.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I dont know if you guys got the letter sent out by chrysler. It stated that one should be careful when driving behind big riggs or tractor cause rocks hate chargers!!! :lol:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Down here in South FL, its friggin dump trucks. I can't stand them. You don't even need to be directly behind them for a rock to bounce off your car. Every little bump in the road they hit knocks gravel and crap off the truck that always seems to zero in on my car. AARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't hate rocks--I hate tractor trailers. My car was a couple of months old when one flew up from a truck that was beside me and hit my rear driver's side door right under the handle. I have a noticeable "chip" that I put touchup paint on. The stupid paint didn't match well. *sigh*

I call it BB's beauty mark. Every girl needs one . . .
I hear ya I had a truck tire rip off my chin spoiler and it also removed the skid plate under the radiator cost $300 and change

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I keep an eye out on the freeway or on any road for semi's. If I run into one on the road I either A) Slow down to allow someone to get ahead of me and use them as a shield. B) Get ahead of the Semi carefully, trying to avoid rocks as I pass by.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
HEMIREADY - the link you posted for the garage didn't work!!!
Sorry man. Just Google Girots garage and enter that part number when you get to the site.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Well 1 1/2 weeks old and 850 miles on her, my RT cruisin down the highway and bang a rock kicks up from a f'n tractor trailer and dings my windshield. I look and see a small chip in the windshield, so I decide to stop at this glass repair place on my way home from work that I had used before with one of my other cars. They took a look at it and told me that it was too small to repair, that it would not spread, and it was only just a ding in the windshield - which I guess is a good thing. But man it is on the drivers side not smack dab in the middle of my line of vision but close enough to piss me off!!! Anyone have these little dings in your windshields???? Any good home remedies - lol??? If only the warrantly covered rock damage to your windshield - I can wish right!!! :( This sucks!!!

T

Check with your insurance company, i know under my insurance it's concidered an act of nature, windshield gets repaired at no cost to you and does not raise insurance costs, i have state farm. i had an '89 jeep wagoneer that was hard on windshields, it had to have 3 replaced on it, two in a matter of months, and i've always kept clear of big rigs. just a thought though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts