Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got tired of that ugly cream in the door panals so i upgraded in my opinion using sem interior paint and autoglass window activater to clean the door panals. It makes the paint stick better in my opinion. The trick is that you have to do about 3-4 coats but in the long run it is all worth it. It totally changes the car on the inside. To me its a total upgrade and it all cost about 40 bucks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That looks great! Nice work. Please keep us updated on how it stands up to wear (that's my main concern about painting/dying mine - I need it to last).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it seems to be holding up real well ..i feel like the activater used in priming windows for cars seems to be working. the stuff actually more then cleans the panals since its a little alchohol based but it also etches microscoply in to the panals to make the panals real smooth and clean plus to 3-4 layers of paint lol

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I thought I liked the cream until I saw your work. I would love to see how that looks in person but I like.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Looks realy good! Did you apply clear coat? It's not shiny like mine came out, it's a LOT better!! Great job!!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yes it does look better, did you spray the whole panel or just the lower halves?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
looks good. is the black noticeably darker than the stock dark gray pieces?

are you going to get new seat covers too?

·
Registered
433 Posts
i love this give us a step by step guide to this mod

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Needs a little of something to break all the flat black up, maybee a little gloss on some areas

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Needs a little of something to break all the flat black up, maybee a little gloss on some areas
I bet some door pulls would finish this out perfectly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it looks great. Good job man.

·
Registered
907 Posts
looks good man.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I love excellent inexpensive mods. It feels good when you do it yourself, then step back and admire your work. Smiles!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Kru you want to come do mine? Or atleast help me. The only part that I'm worried is going to be a pain is removing the panels. I'm not great with paint, but if it's spray paint and I remove everything I assume it won't be too bad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts