Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out yesterday cleaning up the daytona and afterwards decided to go out for a little cruise while it was clean. I rode out to my brothers to check up on his place since he is out of town right now for work. Well Im sitting at a red light behind a few cars in the right hand lane. I see a black Cobra Mustang, maybe around a 2000 model, go through the light heading the way I will soon be going. It sounded nice and looked gorgous. Well my light turns green and I make my right hand turn. I proceed on up the road and there is a 18 wheeler backing up traffic as he is backing into a parking lot. I end up right behind the cobra which is running racing fuel, I can smell it, and sounds bad ass. The 18 wheeler moves and be both cruise on up the road. I keep the daytona in second and the cobra moves to the far right lane keeping is rpms up in a low gear. I roll up next to him give him the thumbs up, tell him he has a nice car and he throws his hand up. I speed on off, he closes in behind me. The road is clear in front of us and I punch it. By now I move to the far right lane on the 4 land road as he rockets by me with supercharger singing. I only ran it up to like 70 mph and that was enough for me with that cobra. I was laughing because that thing was mean as hell. Thought I would share. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
He was running racing fuel with a SC?! :eek:

I don't think you need to be too down about "losing" to that! Be happy you at least got to wave at him first! LOL

Wow, that must have been a rush. :D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
These are the threads I like to read ... no bad mouthing just appreciation for those that have great cars.

sub ... if you saw the car sitting, was there any indication it was a bad as it was?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was lowered and that was about it. The car just looked clean and slick. The a pillar was also loaded down with gauges. Would of loved to talked to the guy but I was coming up on my turn and he was well out in front of me.

·
Registered
523 Posts
You probably ran into an 03-04 Cobra. They are probably the best bang for the buck and it only takes a couple grand to get 600+whp.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You probably ran into an 03-04 Cobra. They are probably the best bang for the buck and it only takes a couple grand to get 600+whp.
QFT... Such nice performers. Interior sucks but you don't buy it for that. Honorable death.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
You had fun, and he had fun - that's the entire point of this exercise. Always someone faster out there....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I was out yesterday cleaning up the daytona and afterwards decided to go out for a little cruise while it was clean. I rode out to my brothers to check up on his place since he is out of town right now for work. Well Im sitting at a red light behind a few cars in the right hand lane. I see a black Cobra Mustang, maybe around a 2000 model, go through the light heading the way I will soon be going. It sounded nice and looked gorgous. Well my light turns green and I make my right hand turn. I proceed on up the road and there is a 18 wheeler backing up traffic as he is backing into a parking lot. I end up right behind the cobra which is running racing fuel, I can smell it, and sounds bad ass. The 18 wheeler moves and be both cruise on up the road. I keep the daytona in second and the cobra moves to the far right lane keeping is rpms up in a low gear. I roll up next to him give him the thumbs up, tell him he has a nice car and he throws his hand up. I speed on off, he closes in behind me. The road is clear in front of us and I punch it. By now I move to the far right lane on the 4 land road as he rockets by me with supercharger singing. I only ran it up to like 70 mph and that was enough for me with that cobra. I was laughing because that thing was mean as hell. Thought I would share. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
OK Mopar guys lets tell him - must have been your bad driving :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. '03-'04 Cobra. The exact car I would have if it weren't for the car seats I need room for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Slap a blower on your car and you'd stand a pretty good chance. Discplacement goes a long way when installing power adders.
4.6 liters is all mustangs have. You guys have got more aZs under the hood.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
These are the threads I like to read ... no bad mouthing just appreciation for those that have great cars.

sub ... if you saw the car sitting, was there any indication it was a bad as it was?
I agree 100%. The trash talk gets old really quick.

Best,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts