Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice in one day, two different GTO's had to show me what they had. Both times I was behind a GTO at a traffic light. Both times, the GTO's took off from the light peelin the tires.

Meanwhile, I, still in my truck driving mode, wait about 3 seconds before pushing the pedal down and watch the GTO's race no body. (Why a few seconds? Studies have shown waiting a few seconds after a light has changed reduces the chances of a collision with a red light runner).

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
Twice in one day, two different GTO's had to show me what they had.
We don't have those GTOs up here. Very strange. Apparently they only sold them in Australia and the US.

·
Registered
879 Posts
3 seconds? do people behind you always honk? you would get mobbed out here in LA lol.

As for waiting 3 seconds at the intersection, I'd definately honk at you. That is an absurd amount of time to stop. Just look in both directions and if traffic has stopped, continue moving.

OT: Yesterday right in front of staples center a school bus made a left turn and an altima coming from my direction ran the red light. After about 40 feet of tire marks and smoke (I guess it wasn't equipped with ABS), it came to a stop without hitting the bus. Moral of the story... make sure before making a left that the drivers coming from the other direction actually stop.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I see a GTO every once in a while, as for being at a stop light, a lot of times people think I'm trying to race them. For example, I'll be sitting at a light and its about to turn green and I let go of the brakes, when I gently press the gas a lot of the time I chirp my tires, and I'm not doing that on purpose.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i see them all the time in killeen.

there is one that is supercharged also. sounds bad ass.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I still hope to this day to have the chance to line up next to a R/T at a light. Unfortunately, luck has not been on my side. :(

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 seconds? do people behind you always honk? you would get mobbed out here in LA lol.
Surprisingly, I have never been honked for that. Three seconds isn't really a long time.

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
Surprisingly, I have never been honked for that. Three seconds isn't really a long time.
I agree with fluffy. You'd get honked at up here in the Toronto area for that too. And if it was Mr. Flexy behind ya, you might get some interesting sign language too.

;-)

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
down here in Texas we'd probably let it go...

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
i got ****ed up by a gto last week so did my boys mustand those things are fasttt idk what he had under tht hood 2

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I see a GTO every once in a while, as for being at a stop light, a lot of times people think I'm trying to race them. For example, I'll be sitting at a light and its about to turn green and I let go of the brakes, when I gently press the gas a lot of the time I chirp my tires, and I'm not doing that on purpose.
Wow, Ive talked to alot of people with R/Ts and Daytonas and there seems to be alot of differences in how everyones cars run. I can hardly chirp my tires in autostick, dropped down to 1, flooring it with ESP off from red light.

Is your car stock?
if so, my HAL must have down syndrome

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Except for drop in K&N air filter, yes its completely stock. And it's not in Autostick when it happens, its in Drive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like u work fer UPS. Thats what they make us do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As for waiting 3 seconds at the intersection, I'd definately honk at you. That is an absurd amount of time to stop. Just look in both directions and if traffic has stopped, continue moving.
Being a truck driver myself, that sounds like a typical 4 wheeler answer.... Can you actually look in both directions in less than 3 seconds??:knockout:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got an 06 Daytona. It smokes the tires off the line. With ESP off in first gear I load up the motor to 2000 RPM with my foot on the brake, then mash the pedal through the fire wall. I get good smoke off the tires and about 15-20 feet before HAL says that's enough. You need to take your car in and see if they need to flash your computer or something. My car spins by accident at 1/8 pedal. Maybe those factory 20's are taking away too much rear end gear. Hope you get it figured out, it must be frustrating as h**l.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Let 'em honk... Driving my Semi I pay no heed to the frustrations shown by impatient 4-wheelers.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Twice in one day, two different GTO's had to show me what they had. Both times I was behind a GTO at a traffic light. Both times, the GTO's took off from the light peelin the tires.

Meanwhile, I, still in my truck driving mode, wait about 3 seconds before pushing the pedal down and watch the GTO's race no body. (Why a few seconds? Studies have shown waiting a few seconds after a light has changed reduces the chances of a collision with a red light runner).
You know, looking might help too... Just a suggestion:grin:

·
Registered
805 Posts
How do expect to win a race if you give someone a three second head start? The other guy would be long gone...see ya!

I shamed a 05 Monte Carlo which was supercharged (emblem on the side) yesterday. After getting into second gear it was all over, didn't know a Monte came out supercharged. Was all happy until I looked it up and found out it was only a V6. Oh well, hopefully I'll pull up to a GTO next and give them a shot.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts