Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... but had a helluva time doing it. (this happened 20 minutes ago)

So I was bored this evening and took the R/T for a spin. I was driving downtown and this turbo car comes out of now where and goes a length ahead of me and slows down. I look over it's a Subaru WRX (I don't think it was an STi). The car was modded though, from what I could hear it had to have had a bigger turbo and maybe an upgraded tranny. I've never heard a turbo shift this loud, and I test drove an STi. Of course, it was a punk college kid, but I was in the mood. We come up to a light and he was behind me, I floor it and so does he and I have the lead on him. Okay, R/T 1- WRX 0.

We come up to another light this time he's on my left. He gets his rpm's up, I'm just kinda getting ready not revving or anything. The light turns and we both floor it. we are side-by-side, I get a crappy shift into 2nd and he's in third by now. When I missed the shift he jumped to half a car. When he hit 4th I was going into 3rd and he was a little over 3/4 length. We are coming up on traffic in his lane and I had a clear shot I left off a little bit and the numb nuts swerves into my lane, I slam on the brakes and he keeps going. Well at about that time I see the red and blue lights in my rear view, he's slamming on the brakes and jumping into a side street, I smell burnt brakes and everything. By this time, I'm thinking ****, but the cop goes after him!! THANK YOU GOD!! The funny thing is, I knew cops sit on that stretch of road, but I haven't seen them there in months and my radar detector always picked them up, but not tonight... kind of odd. So I was finally dealt my first loss tonight.

Now before all the everyone starts complaining about being wreckless, I vary rarely go like this on the street, I did one time and I was letting out of it when the punk was getting into it faster. When I see traffic, I let off and end it. I do not race unless the coast is clear and there is nobody around.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Instant on laser is prolly how you guys got pinched, well him at least. Or maybe even good old fashioned eyeball radar.
BTW - not a loss. It's a tie, 1 to 1.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Instant on laser is prolly how you guys got pinched, well him at least. Or maybe even good old fashioned eyeball radar.
BTW - not a loss. It's a tie, 1 to 1.
true, well it's supposed to pick up laser, but I would place money on eyeball.

It was a tie... I like your thinking! so I'm 10-0-1, or something like that! lol

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing much to say other than you are lucky as hell.
Yeah I know, I thanked God quite a few times, I can only imagine what that ticket would've been. Maybe loss of license? I'd like to find that kid and see. I definitely got my adrenaline rush and I think I'm done stoplight racing for a bit.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well, if he got a ticket and you didn't, then in a very important sense you did win... :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
No ticket = win in my book.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, those were my thoughts too. I didn't know if it was mean to laugh or not, plus I felt bad for a bit, but the more I think about it... I always tell my girlfriend, you get ****y and bad things happen, case in point.

·
Registered
48 Posts
me too

I Took a lost yesterday to but it was to my big brother the Charger SRT8 I though that i could take him because he mash on the gas and was fish tailing i got the jump on him but he caught up with me and put me in my place

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i wouldnt say you got killed in that raced base on the description you gave...great job by the way:geek:

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Nah dude - you didn't get killed. Thank God you didn't get popped for street racing though.

I think the funnier part of the story is that counted a win for the Charger when he was behind you at the light... :):):):):)

I guess you were in front!!! :)

You better play the lottery now for not getting pulled over.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Lucky you. He may have beaten you on the run, but definitely will lose with the courts. I had a run with a WRX a while back. There's always someone faster

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Tie nothing. He got pulled over and you drove away. You may not have won, but he lost! :)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
dodge charger drivers seem to be realllly lucky with the cops lol
x10

they wish they had one...thats one bad A$$ cop car.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
THE new LITTLE TRICK THAT THOSE WRX STI drivers are doing down here is to down grade the put side of the cars by removing the rear fin and painting the brembo's silver to cover the gold factory paint and debadging them

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Yeah people on the forum flame about street racing all the time, didn't see it on this thread.. but NOBODY with a dodge charger here has ever street raced... :rolleyes:

People don't have enough to whine about on here, my HID's are enough to get them wound up.

Good kill!! You won, he's probably in jail! Good thing you aren't!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts