Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of waiting, I finally got a chance to test drive an R/T with the Road/Track package. In order to directly compare it to a regular R/T, I drove the two vehicles back-to-back. Here are my thoughts:

Performance Seats with Preferred Suede Inserts: I have mixed feeling about these seats. Aesthetically, I think they look great. I’m also a big fan of the suede. It adds a level of elegance to the car while preventing your butt from sliding around. I could do without the larger bolsters, though. The ones that support your back don’t bother me that much, but the ones on the seat cushion are too aggressive for my liking. In fact, they gave me a sort of claustrophobic feeling from the moment I sat down. This surprised me, because I'm a relatively thin guy (6' 3", 170 lbs.). If you are considering one of the models with the performance seats (Road/Track, Daytona, SRT-8), I highly recommend that you audition the seats yourself before you order one.

Performance Suspension: The overall handling seems to be improved slightly, but the difference isn’t as dramatic as I thought it would be. I also noticed that you can feel the bumps in the road a little more due to the sport-tuned shocks. Some people prefer this type of ride, while others like their vehicle to “float” along. I’m somewhere in the middle.

Performance Steering: In my opinion, this is the biggest improvement over the regular R/T. The wheel is noticeably stiffer, and you feel as though you’re more connected to the road. I like it a lot!

10 Extra Horsepower: I honestly couldn’t feel a difference. And believe me, I wanted to.

Tweaked Exhaust Note: The freer flowing exhaust is definitely louder and more aggressive sounding than the regular R/T. I give it a big thumbs up!

18” Aluminum Wheels with Black Painted Pockets: They look nice, but not significantly better than the regular R/T wheels.

So there you have it. I tried to give as much information as possible to help all you guys who are still deciding which model to get. Before today, I was almost certain that I was going to opt for the Road/Track package. I’m glad I waited to drive one, because now I’ve changed my mind and I’m going to order a regular R/T. Unfortunately, the performance seats were the deal breaker for me. They’re nice, but just not my cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts

Here's what I've driven in every day for the last 2.5 years, and enough road trips to rack up 58K in that time frame. I think I'll be okay with the SRT-8 seats:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
GLHS837 said:

Here's what I've driven in every day for the last 2.5 years, and enough road trips to rack up 58K in that time frame. I think I'll be okay with the SRT-8 seats:)

Yep me too SRT-4 with viper seats! And suprisingly enough they are comfortable to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts