Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've talked about doing this for the past couple of months. I've wanted to do it since the first month I bought my SE.

I traded her in for a R/T. I lost a couple of grand from the trade in but I got a great deal for the hemi so it balances itself out.

I'm very happy with my purchase. ESPECIALLY the NAVIGATION I used this weekend while in DFW. Awesome!

Not only was I able to get a great deal but since my sister sold me the car (she works for a dealership locally) I was able to take it home and swap all my stuff out off the old charger before the trade in. I swapped the headlights to save my halos and hid's and swapped the tails because mine are tinted.

It took me all day to get all my stereo **** out the old ride but it was well worth the work. The only two things I didnt get to take off were the eibach springs and the sequential turn signal mod. Oh well...I also bought a lot of stuff I wanted to put on the SE but I'll have to sell now because I wont need them....like fogs and srt rear seats...

I got the car on thursday. That night I painted the grill. So on Friday it was a totally different car. Here are a couple of pics. Excuse the dirtyness and the poor shots.

Oh....and I'm really surprised at the highway gas mileage the hemi can get. There were a couple of times I was stuck in traffic (half hour max each time) but mainly it was all highway miles and I'm about to hit 400...I never got that high in the SE...WTF???

So I went from this

To this

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Congratulations. Hope you have some money left for new mods.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations. Hope you have some money left for new mods.
I know. I've already been thinking about it. But to be honest. I like the car so much that I'm not going to do a lot to it like I had planned to do to the SE. I think I was planning so much and was in a rush to get it all done because I wasn't happy with the car. Now I am....

Of course I'm going to do the basics like a drop and maybe an intake/exhaust and throw my system but thats about it..... :smoke:

I had a 2.7 Fleet ride. I bought it with 22k on it and sold it with 34k on it. Way to much mileage....

I bought the RT for 24600. Thats right above the trade in value of it right now. The KBB retail value for it is 28k

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I know. I've already been thinking about it. But to be honest. I like the car so much that I'm not going to do a lot to it like I had planned to do to the SE. I think I was planning so much and was in a rush to get it all done because I wasn't happy with the car. Now I am....

Of course I'm going to do the basics like a drop and maybe an intake/exhaust and throw my system but thats about it..... :smoke:

I had a 2.7 Fleet ride. I bought it with 22k on it and sold it with 34k on it. Way to much mileage....

I bought the RT for 24600. Thats right above the trade in value of it right now. The KBB retail value for it is 28k
You did very well because you bought your 2.7 used. If you buy new and decide to upgrade its way more than a couple of grand.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone!!

yeah...actually i bought both chargers from my sister. she hooked it up both times :)

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Tell her I want a Superbee! LOL. Has to be new under 40 or used under 35 though. I know, I'm greedy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
bad ass. how did you paint the grill. i was just thinking about doin it to mine

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tell her I want a Superbee! LOL. Has to be new under 40 or used under 35 though. I know, I'm greedy.
seriously??

bad ass. how did you paint the grill. i was just thinking about doin it to mine
I wet sanded it down with 320 grit. I used a whole sheet.

Then I primered it (dupont) and painted it with flat black paint (krylon). I like how it looks but it doesnt match the windows and tinted tails because its all glossy.

I'm going to paint it gloss black when I get the garage clean enough to spray.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great move, welcome to the Hemi experience! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
wow nice upgrade i got my r/t in 06 for 22k i made out like a bandit with only 9k on it when i bought it...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts