Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I understand that some options are not yet available on current cars, like the road and track package, safety package, daytona, etc.... but it seems there are lots of cars available for immidiate purchase, so why is everyone ordering their Chargers? :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some people rather wait a little bit and get the car exactly as they want it after building it at dodge.com

People sometimes dont like the selection of packages on the charger that the dealer has so ordering one is the only way to get it the way and price you want it.

Others like me dont care and just bought what they had.

·
Registered
630 Posts
badkolo said:
Some people rather wait a little bit and get the car exactly as they want it
On the nose badkolo. This is why I ordered. Here in the Denver metro (Front Range) area I had about ten Dodge dealers to choose from to by a car (and those were only the 5-Star rated ones). Yet when looking throught their inventory, they always had roughly the same option selections. None of them had EXACTLY the options combinations I wanted.

Also, every other time I bought a new car it was more because I needed to not because I wanted to. Therefore since it usually was an urgent situation I didnt have the luxury to wait for what I wanted, and just settled for what was available that was close to meeting what I wanted.

Not this time. I talked it over with the wife and we decided we could do this and I decided what I wanted and we ordered it. Of course a big reason for ordering as I did is because I wanted the Daytona, you don't see those just sitting around the showroom. And if you don't order one, its very likely you won't be able to get one.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yup, that works 4 me. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
My main reason.... How do most people test drive a car? Especially one with a Hemi... they drive it hard. So if I bought a car with 100 miles on it, I would be buying a car other people romped on.

I even asked the guy who was letting me test drive how other have driven the car... he just laughed. If I romp on my car and it breaks its my fault... I don't need/want others to help.

I also wanted thr R&T package.

edward

·
Registered
315 Posts
i was going to order my car but i had to be the first one in my town with one my wife wishes it had a few more options

·
Registered
743 Posts
I got my Red R/T on May 21st (day after my b-day), dealer got it the day before and hadn't even washed it yet... I test drove a Silver R/T while they cleaned it up (and added the dealer sticker... ick!).
Because of the incredible timing, dealer called on my B-day and said "we just got the RED R/T with your features on it, " I had already decided it would be mine. Paid invoice ($32K) and smiled alot!

To my further enjoyment, I got to see the car trip the tens on the odometer. The R/T had 9 miles on it when I drove away.

I don't think anyone had time to do any damage and I had the car FIRST in this area... It was nice for a while...but as you "orderers" get yours I'll happily welcome you to the club :happy:

·
Registered
315 Posts
needasrt4 said:
i was going to order my car but i had to be the first one in my town with one my wife wishes it had a few more options

Yes, wifey is short and scared of airbags. Just wish our car had the adjustable pedals, Shaun is 6'5" and I'm 5'4", the adjustable pedals were awesome in our Magnum. First thing I noticed when I got in it to drive home, I about cried. Plus seat heaters rocked in the winter time.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have a 2005 magnum R/T so I'm not in a hurry to get the Charger. So why not wait for what I want?
I?m going to place an order today. If the dealer can find one exactly like I want, then I will buy it.
Waiting also gives me a chance to sell my Magnum instead of losing money on trade-in.
________
Problems From Avandia

·
Registered
352 Posts
radar what options did you get and ill tell you if you got it at invoice .i have invoices here .most dealers are selling r/t at window.

·
Registered
662 Posts
RadarmagneT said:
I got my Red R/T on May 21st (day after my b-day), dealer got it the day before and hadn't even washed it yet... I test drove a Silver R/T while they cleaned it up (and added the dealer sticker... ick!).
Because of the incredible timing, dealer called on my B-day and said "we just got the RED R/T with your features on it, " I had already decided it would be mine. Paid invoice ($32K) and smiled alot!

To my further enjoyment, I got to see the car trip the tens on the odometer. The R/T had 9 miles on it when I drove away.

I don't think anyone had time to do any damage and I had the car FIRST in this area... It was nice for a while...but as you "orderers" get yours I'll happily welcome you to the club :happy:
This is exactly what happened to me. I was looking out in the back of the dealership and they had my black charger that had been dropped off the night before. They hadn't washed it yet and it still had the plastic over the seats. After I test drove it, it had 6 miles. It was just the 2nd one in the area :D I don't care that it doesn't have nav, steering wheel buttons, sunroof, etc. Sirius radio and sound group 2 keep me happy :rockon:

And I don't have to play the waiting game :whistle:

:cool:

·
Registered
630 Posts
maneval69 said:
One more thing, my dealer said 6-8 weeks after ordering to take delivery.
Has anyone got a different time table?
Everyone is told the same thing. However, the reality of it is that it is conditional upon many, many variables as to if you will see it sooner, or later than the projected "normal" ordering/delivering time. Based on when I placed my order (06/14), 6 weeks would be the last week of July or first week of August. 8 weeks puts it well into August. Given that there is a two week shutdown of the plant in July, and who know what option(s) will get put on hold next and what my dealer's allocation is, I really have no clue when I will see it. I am hoping for August, but not staking my bet on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm waiting to get the Top Banana Daytona and all the dealrships I've talked to in the area said they can't even take an order on it yet. The best I've heard is put on list to order when available, possibly August. Anyone else looking to get Top Banana and when able to actually order?

·
Registered
630 Posts
plugray said:
I'm waiting to get the Top Banana Daytona and all the dealrships I've talked to in the area said they can't even take an order on it yet. The best I've heard is put on list to order when available, possibly August. Anyone else looking to get Top Banana and when able to actually order?
plugray, not to burst your bubble or anything but they have to build 4200 GoMango versions first (4000 US, 200 Canadian). I serious doubt that you will see the TopBanana open for ordering much before mid-September or possibly even October at the rate they are building right now. I ordered two weeks ago and I don't believe I'll see mine built until some time in August.

Good Luck though. Keep the faith and persevere.[size=-1][font=arial,sans-serif][/font][/size]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah I figured as much but figured I'd check anyways. I mean it's not like I got anything else to do but drive myself nuts :knockout:

Of course I'd be happy to just be able to place the actual order. So I can start my offical wait time. I had hoped back in May to get the car before football season started. I guess my new goal is to get it before Halloween.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
CO-Charger
Everyone is told the same thing. However, the reality of it is that it is conditional upon many, many variables as to if you will see it sooner, or later than the projected "normal" ordering/delivering time. Based on when I placed my order (06/14), 6 weeks would be the last week of July or first week of August. 8 weeks puts it well into August. Given that there is a two week shutdown of the plant in July, and who know what option(s) will get put on hold next and what my dealer's allocation is, I really have no clue when I will see it. I am hoping for August, but not staking my bet on it
Is there anyway to track the order?
________
Live Sex

1 - 20 of 23 Posts