Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had a new HU put in, an alpine iva-d300... my dad said im not allowed to install anything myself in my new car :(

^ yes, thats an ipod connector

mrv-f540 4x100 amp, might be replaced soon...

^ i took of the dodge logo, i think it looks about 37x better now

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey was it as much as a hassle as everyone says it is to install a new head unit. I was very interested in the process but everyone keeps saying it can really screw up the electrical system. any info helps

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BOYINBLUE said:
Hey was it as much as a hassle as everyone says it is to install a new head unit. I was very interested in the process but everyone keeps saying it can really screw up the electrical system. any info helps
yes. youll need an external amp.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like it.. looks very good. It looks like it belongs there. Why would your dad not let you work on it? When I modded my grand prix my dad had a cow.

edward

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AFcharger said:
I like it.. looks very good. It looks like it belongs there. Why would your dad not let you work on it? When I modded my grand prix my dad had a cow.

edward
he doesnt want to mess anything up...

but considering how much he spent buying me the car (21st birthday present), i think its the least i can do to follow his wishes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
jamphat:

How did you deal with the front speakers? My installer told me the crossover for the front mid-bass drivers and tweeters is embedded in the amplifier, so trying to use the factory speakers with a new amplifier would sound crappy. How did you address this? I would be very interested in more details about the install.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I'll never understand how people can give away so much money.

If you've got that much, why not give it away to someone that needs it?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tonycpsu said:
jamphat:

How did you deal with the front speakers? My installer told me the crossover for the front mid-bass drivers and tweeters is embedded in the amplifier, so trying to use the factory speakers with a new amplifier would sound crappy. How did you address this? I would be very interested in more details about the install.
i bought crossovers

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TTL said:
jamphat,

Were they able to interface the steering wheel controls with the new head unit?
i didnt even ask, but im sure they wouldnt have... its no big deal to me really, since the steering wheel controls all control other things as well.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have a question, I also heard that the electrical problems is a pain to install a head unit, but what if i install a head unit, 1 amp for the speakers, change the speakers to aftermarket and run new wires, and add a subwoofer will i run into those problems? (basically rerwire a new syatem). or is the problems related to a new head unit using the factory speakers?

thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The problem is that there are six separate speakers, and most (all?) Aftermarket HUs only have 4 powered channels. And using the factory amp isn't an option.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
so I should be fine using my own amp.....i dont plan on using anything from the factory

·
Registered
153 Posts
jamphat said:
i didnt even ask, but im sure they wouldnt have... its no big deal to me really, since the steering wheel controls all control other things as well.
Would you mind telling me your installer's name and telephone # if you have it? My installers didn't have a wiring harness that would work (even for a bypass) so I'd like to have someone my guy can call for more info if they need it. Also, how would you say the system sounds now? Better/the same/worse?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts